The Student Room Group

GCSE Core Chemistry Effective Study

What's the best way of studying and being able to take on past papers? I haven't actually started any but I've looked through some questions and found them pretty hard. We haven't covered the whole topic, we're at c.23 but I'm on C.7 trying to make my own notes. With making my own notes, what's the best advice you can give? I have flash cards and highlighters but how do i tackle the hard questions?
Original post by TSAntidote
What's the best way of studying and being able to take on past papers? I haven't actually started any but I've looked through some questions and found them pretty hard. We haven't covered the whole topic, we're at c.23 but I'm on C.7 trying to make my own notes. With making my own notes, what's the best advice you can give? I have flash cards and highlighters but how do i tackle the hard questions?

After doing past papers, mark it using the mark scheme and then go through it and find your weaker topics, make a list of them and work on those. I think past papers and then seeing the answers on mark schemes is a good way of finding out what you need to include for the questions. For all those harder questions, you could make a document with the questions and perfect answer (answers on mark scheme) and learn them. If you don't understand the answers in the mark scheme then ask your teacher or look through the topic in your revision guide/textbook.
Reply 2
You could literally just use the CGP revision guide to revise for Core, and still end up with an A.

Try a past paper, the questions you find hard or unable to answer, write them down and go over that topic in detail. Write notes for it on flashcards and commit them to memory.

Quick Reply

Latest