The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Non-Muslims would you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Armastan
Doesn't that go against your entire point?

ever heard of sarcasm?

You're missing the entire point here. Everyone other than Muslims follow common law and courts.. Why should you be judged separately and differently just because you're a Muslim?
What is your problem? if Muslims have Sharia courts why does that affect you so much. Stop being a petty child saying 'other religions dont...why do you'
Reply 21
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
Imagine a less stricter version of sharia law be implanted. Crime will decrease considerably. Would you be happy?

Prove it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Imagine a less stricter version of sharia law be implanted. Crime will decrease considerably. Would you be happy?

No, now **** off. I hear Syria is good this time of year.
Why would I use a system that is supposedly for Muslims only, when I am non-Muslim. Doesn't that go against your entire point?

Then it's not Muslim only, is it?

You're missing the entire point here. Everyone other than Muslims follow common law and courts.. Why should you be judged separately and differently just because you're a Muslim?

An inquiry has been launched this year into Sharia courts in Britain due to concerns it is discriminatory against women and violates human rights. Hopefully they will all be banned here not too long in the future.
Reply 24
Original post by mkap

What is your problem? if Muslims have Sharia courts why does that affect you so much. Stop being a petty child saying 'other religions dont...why do you'

I guess you are invoking the harm principle. The harm principle should only applied to instances where personal liberties are restricted. What you are pointing out here is not that Sharia courts should not be prohibited by the state, but that the state should sanction Sharia courts.

The answer is yes to the former and no to the latter.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
No, because it isn't part of our culture. We already have relatively low crime rates in the UK, what's the need?
Original post by mkap

If one thing needs to be fair in this country, it is the justice system. I'm not being a petty child when you're sat there using sarcasm as part of your argument. What is your problem with our system now? Why do you so desperately need Sharia courts?

I think Greenlaner has pretty much summed up my view:
Original post by Greenlaner
If you want Sharia courts then go and live in Sharia law country.

If not, then abide by our current system. That's all there is to it.
Imagine a less stricter version of sharia law be implanted. (...) Would you be happy?
you mean, instead of cutting off thieves' entire hand, just a few fingers ?

that would be great
Reply 28
Original post by mkap
ever heard of sarcasm?

Because most of the world frowns upon it as a degradation of basic human rights as set out by the UN.
Original post by mkap
Muslims shouldn't really impose Sharia law on non Muslims; they're not Muslims. The UK law shouldn't be changed to sharia law as there are non Muslims in the UK. They should be allowed Sharia Courts in the UK where Muslims can deal with their own matters.

However countries where there is Sharia Law have low rates of adultery, babies out of wedlock, less drug abusers, rapists and thefts (please don bring in the IS argument) compared to western countries where you have children who don't know who there father is.

Firstly, no. The UK should not have Sharia Law in any form. Muslims should not get thier special treatment. They live in the UK, they follow the UK legal system,. End of.

Secondly I wouldnt (and i wouldnt imagine many others) be looking to take cultural advice from those kind of countries whose racist, sexist, homphobic, mysogonistic, patriarchial barbarism is well documented even without taking IS into account.
Reply 30
Original post by dav55
No, now **** off. I hear Syria is good this time of year.

I'll never get why Muslims come here (which is fine) but want to change everything. If i didnt like the cold I wouldnt move to Alaska! Also they are not even trying to integrate, most of the muslims i speak to are barely good at english, dont drink or do anything british people consider fun, creep on woman, go in a rage when you point out holes in their religion (every religion has them! stop being sensitive). Watch football or something and maybe they would integrate more- oh wait thats western and they dont like that but they live in a western country.

It's the same as being less pregnant..
Reply 32
Original post by mkap
Muslims shouldn't really impose Sharia law on non Muslims; they're not Muslims. The UK law shouldn't be changed to sharia law as there are non Muslims in the UK. They should be allowed Sharia Courts in the UK where Muslims can deal with their own matters.

However countries where there is Sharia Law have low rates of adultery, babies out of wedlock, less drug abusers, rapists and thefts (please don bring in the IS argument) compared to western countries where you have children who don't know who there father is.

I would guess the indigenous population in countries where sharia courts are arent western therefore the woman can wear what they want, look good etc, and arent dressed head to toe in veils. Maybe there is less rape because the women are not appealing at all i.e. whats to get horny about?

PS. You sound like a typical muslim that always thinks that their way is best. Yawn, learn how to be objective.
Reply 33
Original post by dav55
I would guess the indigenous population in countries where sharia courts are arent western therefore the woman can wear what they want, look good etc, and arent dressed head to toe in veils. Maybe there is less rape because the women are not appealing at all i.e. whats to get horny about?

PS. You sound like a typical muslim that always thinks that their way is best. Yawn, learn how to be objective.

Thats the whole point of being covered; to cover up beauty

The UK is so proud of its freedom of expression and belief, yet whats wrong with having your own little system where its not interfeering with anyone else
Reply 34
Original post by mkap

The UK is so proud of its freedom of expression and belief, yet whats wrong with having your own little system where its not interfeering with anyone else

Because we want to encourage integration, not segregation. We have a legal system, use it. If you don't want to follow OUR laws then don't live here. We don't go abroad to Iraq or Pakistan and as you to let us follow our laws in a small community.
Reply 35
Original post by silverbolt
Firstly, no. The UK should not have Sharia Law in any form. Muslims should not get thier special treatment. They live in the UK, they follow the UK legal system,. End of.

Secondly I wouldnt (and i wouldnt imagine many others) be looking to take cultural advice from those kind of countries whose racist, sexist, homphobic, mysogonistic, patriarchial barbarism is well documented even without taking IS into account.

Pretty much summed it up quite concisely.

Islam is an outdated religion. Not progrssive at all. I have more respect for the Amish as they dont impose their crap on anyone and don't pick and choose what they can do out of convenience. Example: Muslims are traditional bla bla bla, but the will drive cars, fly on planes, use mobile phones, etc..... pretty sure none of that was accepted in the Koran. Muslims are slaves to the western technology age but they wont let you know that..... it's too inconvenient to go without TV.
Original post by mkap
did you not understand what i said; Sharia courts for Muslims only.

One law for all. You don't get your own law because you are a Muslim. If you want Sharia law, leave the UK.
Original post by mkap

Can't have some people following different 'laws' to others.
Just because it doesn't directly affect an individual, doesn't mean that they should allow it. There are many examples of that. The Sharia system is the complete antithesis of a democratic society, and has no place within it.
Reply 38
Original post by mkap

Do you not think a muslim man is being a bit paranoid if he covers up his muslim gf or wifes beautiful body because he thinks someone will rape them or something?

If he isnt paranoid then the other muslims around him must be very rapey because i can tell you in this country (majority non muslim) my gf wears what she wants and hasnt been raped yet.

The fact you feel the need to hide her beauty speaks volumes of the enviroment and people in in where that is the norm.
Original post by mkap

If you want to live in a country with a foreign religion then you should be willing to abide by that countries law. If you want to live by Sharia law then move to a country who is traditionally based on that.

Original post by mkap

And where are your sources for those crime statistics? Even if that was true, it is at the cost of death penalties and barbaric punishments. Civilized society wouldn't stand for torture and execution.

Latest

Trending

Trending