The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Non-Muslims would you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViewsFromSi6
Imagine a less stricter version of sharia law be implanted. Crime will decrease considerably. Would you be happy?

It's already been proven that harsher punishments don't reduce crime rates. Don't be stupid.
**** Sharia Law.
Original post by TheArtofProtest

Tell me, how exactly would subordinate personal governance systems (acknowledging and adhering to the supremacy of British law) would subvert the concept of peace in our communities?.
people can already abide by whatever rules they want, on a voluntary or contractual basis, as long as they don't go against the law

however, what some Muslims want, is some kind of official recognition of their rules
Original post by Kamran Fazal
Non-Muslims don't know what sharia law is (unless they research that is).

Dont generalise muslims everyone screams, but rah this is cool
Might as well, it couldn't be any worse than the status quo. Actually tbh it would probably be the greatest systemic deep clean the uk could ever have. In one fell swoop you could tackle all the lifestyle issues which afflict the English community and rapidly sort out the NHS, treasury, crime and disorder, education and demographic probs all in one fell swoop. The Sharia is a gift from Allah and I think a tweak here and there to make it more realistic and compatible with the current state of UK morality would probably be the order of the day, but nevertheless hard physical punishments for moral infractions should be the norm.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you don't like the UK legal system and want your own religious system why are you here? Go to a country who has Sharia law. It would be much more convenient and you won't come out as idiotic when you say you want Sharia courts in a Western country.

@mkap
Reply 86
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
If you don't like the UK legal system and want your own religious system why are you here? Go to a country who has Sharia law. It would be much more convenient and you won't come out as idiotic when you say you want Sharia courts in a Western country.

@mkap

when i say that Muslims should be allowed Sharia courts i dont mean for punishments such as being homophobic or committing adultery, that would be wrong as the UK justice system is suffice. im saying it in regards to issues of marriages and welfare, which allows Muslims to deal with them Islamically etc.
Reply 87
Original post by mkap
Muslims shouldn't really impose Sharia law on non Muslims; they're not Muslims. The UK law shouldn't be changed to sharia law as there are non Muslims in the UK. They should be allowed Sharia Courts in the UK where Muslims can deal with their own matters.

However countries where there is Sharia Law have low rates of adultery, babies out of wedlock, less drug abusers, rapists and thefts (please don bring in the IS argument) compared to western countries where you have children who don't know who there father is.

I disagree we shouldnt have Sharia Law courts at all, they undermine the UK justice system (and in some cases the human rights act) and have put vulnerable women in more danger because 'the Qu'ran says its ok'. If I went to Saudi Arabia, they would not allow me to create a Christian/English court.

The legal system should be separate to religion.
Reply 88
Original post by mkap
when i say that Muslims should be allowed Sharia courts i dont mean for punishments such as being homophobic or committing adultery, that would be wrong as the UK justice system is suffice. im saying it in regards to issues of marriages and welfare, which allows Muslims to deal with them Islamically etc.

We are not an Islamic country. We have our own values and beliefs that are supported by a majority, would you let us practice our own laws in Syria for example?
Reply 89
This is the "west" and this hypothetical question is pointless ...
Religion and Politics should be separate.
Original post by mkap
Feel free to use it then

Nope im just saying that let Muslims do what the flip they want, if you dont like the Sharia law then dont abide to it, no one is making you. Let Muslims do their own things, and you do your own thing.

So if Muslims should be allowed to do what the " flip they want " they can do around calling for Shria law without punishment? By your logic Muslims should be allowed to murder innocent non Muslims ?
Reply 91
Original post by mkap
did you not understand what i said; Sharia courts for Muslims only.

How does Sharia law even work? Is it that one with all the stoning and flogging?
No the UK has a perfectly good common law system which is fair to all including muslims therefore Sharia law has no place in the UK and should be outlawed
Original post by TheHelpfulMan
No we are westerners we do not want muslim ideas

Fair enough
Original post by Andy98
How does Sharia law even work? Is it that one with all the stoning and flogging?

shariah is not about stoning and flogging its a politcal system like u have shariah banks

me not drinking alcohol im following shariah law
its an entire way of life .

If a man beats his wife he will be flogged if a man murders innocents he will be killed. Just like texas has the death penalty
Original post by Mimsycrafts
No the UK has a perfectly good common law system which is fair to all including muslims therefore Sharia law has no place in the UK and should be outlawed

Im Muslim and i agree .Shariah only has its place in a Muslim majority . Some Muslims are hypocrites they should try implmenting shariah in their own countries
Reply 96
Original post by muzi123
shariah is not about stoning and flogging its a politcal system like u have shariah banks

If a man beats his wife he will be flogged if a man murders innocents he will be killed. Just like texas has the death penalty

Ahhh ok, well I can see why it works; I suppose if it was more lenient on the food and drink stuff, and modernised for the many different sexualities existing in the western world then I wouldn't mind. Although at the same time I wouldn't want the legal system to revolve around fear. Also, I am against the death sentence.
Original post by Andy98
modernised for the many different sexualities existing in the western world

Friendly reminder that queer people do actually exist outside of the western world, including in Muslim countries ☺️
Reply 98
Original post by khaleesi98
Friendly reminder that queer people do actually exist outside of the western world, including in Muslim countries ☺️

Yes I know, but I don't know how accepting Sharia law is for that.
Original post by muzi123

Evidence?

Latest

Trending

Trending