The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello. I want to know If the applications for master courses loans began and if not when will they begin?
Reply 2
is the student finance loan for postgraduate going to help me by paying the tution fee and living cost like what they did during my undergraduate years. thanks a lot
I would like to know the answer to this question also. I will be starting my 2nd year of my part time masters and wondered if I was able to apply to cover fees for my second year as I am self funding by working full time and it's really difficult!
Reply 4
Hi TSR team,

are we still waiting for an official start date for the Master's Loans which are apparently being introduced this year? I want to make sure I apply as soon as possible because if the loans scheme is postponed for whatever reason I don't know what I'll do for money! :console:
Reply 5
Hello.

I would like to know if I can apply for a postgraduate loan after I took a break from my masters degree? My course started in September 2015 and its going well but I had some misfortune.I had two burglaries and lost my savings and belongings. I got all the help I could but I need a break to get a job and just get by but I still want to continue with my studies after I get better.

Will it affect my loan application if I am a full time continuing student with a year break.

Thank you.
Hi!
I am currently doing an undergraduate course in Glasgow Caledonian University and i am in my 3rd year. Ive had funding and loan for all the previous 3 years and will most likely apply for funding and loan for my fourth year. But if i do this will i be apply to apply for funding and a loan for my post graduate?
Ive tried reading SAAS and Student Loan Company to see how many yeas funding they give but i find it really confusing and with no straight forward answer?
If you could help, Thank You!!
I would like to know if you can still apply for the postagtaduate loan and is the NHS bursary funding for postagtaduate students still available?
Original post by Kadopoulos
Hello. I want to know If the applications for master courses loans began and if not when will they begin?

The Postgraduate Loan applications will open this summer butthe exact date hasn’t been confirmed yet.More detailed information will be available in April/May,including details about the application process. You should check the studentfinance zone and on Facebook and Twitterpages then for the launch date.
Laura
Original post by Sazzle1985
I would like to know the answer to this question also. I will be starting my 2nd year of my part time masters and wondered if I was able to apply to cover fees for my second year as I am self funding by working full time and it's really difficult!

Thenew Postgraduate Loan will be available for students starting postgraduateMaster’s course on or after 1 August 2016. Unfortunately you won’t be able toapply for a Postgraduate Loan for the second year of your course.

Laura
Original post by IainB
Hi TSR team,

are we still waiting for an official start date for the Master's Loans which are apparently being introduced this year? I want to make sure I apply as soon as possible because if the loans scheme is postponed for whatever reason I don't know what I'll do for money! :console:

The new Postgraduate Loan will be available for studentsstarting postgraduate Master’s courses from August 2016.Applications will open this summer but the exact date hasn’tbeen confirmed yet.Introductory information is available now in the studentfinance zone and by searching for Postgraduate Loan on Gov.UK. More detailed information will be availablein April/May so check back then.Laura
Original post by hurnyy
Hello.

I would like to know if I can apply for a postgraduate loan after I took a break from my masters degree? My course started in September 2015 and its going well but I had some misfortune.I had two burglaries and lost my savings and belongings. I got all the help I could but I need a break to get a job and just get by but I still want to continue with my studies after I get better.

Will it affect my loan application if I am a full time continuing student with a year break.

Thank you.

Thenew Postgraduate Loan will be available for students starting postgraduateMaster’s course on or after 1 August 2016. Unfortunately you won’t be able toapply for a Postgraduate Loan to continue a course you started before thisdate. But, if you withdrew from your previous course and are starting again asa new student you’ll be able to apply once the applications are available.

Laura
Original post by Sal3211
is the student finance loan for postgraduate going to help me by paying the tution fee and living cost like what they did during my undergraduate years. thanks a lot

The new Postgraduate Loan will be a contribution towards your course and/or living costs while you study. You can apply for up to £10,000 and it will be paid directly to you so how you spend it will be up to you.

More detailed information about Postgraduate Loans will be available in April/May but you can watch this film for an introduction.

Laura
Reply 13
Original post by Laura SFE
Thenew Postgraduate Loan will be available for students starting postgraduateMaster’s course on or after 1 August 2016. Unfortunately you won’t be able toapply for a Postgraduate Loan to continue a course you started before thisdate. But, if you withdrew from your previous course and are starting again asa new student you’ll be able to apply once the applications are available.

Laura

Thank you Laura
Hi

I am EU national and have been studying in Scotland for undergraduate degree. Next year, I would like to do master degree in England. I found information that:

"You must be resident in England prior to the beginning of your course. Exceptions may apply to EU students"

"In order to be eligible you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least three years on the first day of the academic year in which your course begins. In addition, you must have most recently been resident in England."

Am I considered to be "EU student" or "student from Scotland"?

Can you please let me know if I am eligible for a postgraduate loan?

Thanks.
Reply 15
so they will pay my tuition fee loan and give me a up to 10,000 for my living costs right?
Reply 16
is the postgraduate loan the same as the the undergraduate loan , for example the government will help me with my tuition fee and my living costs thanks please help and explain fully to me thanks.
Hi. I would like to ask one very important question for me. I'm interested in postgraduate studies in London. I graduated civil engineering in technical university in Poland where they are free . I found the information in the internet that according to NARIC, the level of education (5 years studies, 2 stages) which we call in Poland " master of science" = Bachelor Honurs in UK. The exceptions are graduates of technical universities, whose diplomas are recognized as MSc. I read in the rules of loans thati can not have equivalent "self funded" qualifications, however my qualifications wasn't self-funded beacasue it was free. "Am I eligible to take advantage of the loan for postgraduate studies in UK?Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Sal3211
is the postgraduate loan the same as the the undergraduate loan , for example the government will help me with my tuition fee and my living costs thanks please help and explain fully to me thanks.

no, it is a total of £10,000 as a contribution to costs. If you choose if you use this to fund your fees or not. You will probably need to look at having an additional source of income
I would like to know if you can still apply for the postagtaduate loan and is the NHS bursary funding for postagtaduate students still available? Thank you