The Student Room Group

Should I leave sixth form until September?

I have chronic fatigue syndrome and everything was going fine until around Christmas. Since the start of this year, I've been to school three times. I've missed out on quite a few pieces of work. I have been revising from my books at home but I don't know if it will be enough.

I really really don't want to quit. I've gotten used to the people in my classes and I really struggle with making friends so I don't want to have to do it all again next year. Plus I'm with people my own age(yr12) and if I repeated year 12 next year everyone will be younger than me.

I actually enjoy doing my a-levels but the workload makes me so ill. When I've come home from sixth form, my mum has had to help me upstairs to get to my bed as I haven't got the physical strength. I've seen a nutritionist who is going to help me with my diet to see if that gives me energy so I'm hoping over time it will help.

Btw, I take biology, chemistry, psychology and literature+general studies. I don't plan on dropping any subject as they are necessary for uni. I'm so torn between leaving for my health and staying on :frown:
personally, I would drop a subject - general studies definitely isn't necessary for uni, in fact it won't even be counted. As for the other 4, you only need 3 to go to uni and someone with 4 A levels won't have an advantage, so I'd recommend you drop one of those too. A lower workload could make it a lot easier to cope, and then maybe see how it goes from there? I assume restarting next year the problems you have now would still be there and you would still have to deal with them so I would try making things easier for yourself as they are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
can't you take the exams and see how you do? then retake only if you need to

Quick Reply

Latest