The Student Room Group

Glasgow or Strathclyde for Software Engineering

I 've got an unconditional offer to study software engineering MSc on Glasgow Uni and Strathclyde.

I 've read other threads discussing which one is 'better' but i couldn' t find any discussion about postgraduate studies in Software engineering or computer science in general for these two universities.

What is your opinion?
Reply 1
is this a one-year MSc postgraduate course, or a five-year undergraduate 'integrated Masters' course?
Reply 2
It is 1 year postgraduate course
Hi there. Which course did you take in the end, and how did you find it?The reason I ask is that I have just received an offer for the MSc in Software Engineering at Stratclyde.Thanks in advance.
Reply 4
Original post by Jeffw123456
Hi there. Which course did you take in the end, and how did you find it?The reason I ask is that I have just received an offer for the MSc in Software Engineering at Stratclyde.Thanks in advance.

Have you enrolled for Strathclyde after all? I am planning as well to do this master
Internationally, Glasgow ranks much higher. But you should make the decision based on cost, your intended specialization and how each department approaches it, and fit. If you are in a location where it is feasible to visit Glasgow (maybe you already live there), I would suggest visiting both and talking to profs. But all other factors being equal, I'd choose Glasgow.

Quick Reply

Latest