The Student Room Group

Need help with CV/Cover Letter? Finance, Law, Consulting - let's have a chat!

Hey,
I thought this could be of your interest - I apologize if this is a wrong place.

I help people land their dream jobs in the City, by making them stand out - in their CVs, cover letters and interviews.

I work with people applying for summer programmes, graduate or senior positions at top law firms (Magic Circle, US etc.), in finance (investment banking, hedge funds, private equity funds) and in management/strategy consulting.

I also help those applying to universities, looking to best position themselves for the future.

A few words about me:
(1) Graduated in law (LLB) from a leading UK university (top of the class);
(2) Graduated in law (JD) from a top US law school (with highest honours);
(3) Qualified as US lawyer;
(4) Passed CFA Level 3;
(5) Worked at top US and Magic Circle law firms on M&A, capital markets and private equity deals;
(6) Worked as a financial analyst / stockpicker for a multi-billion investment fund.

I have successfully placed people at UK universities and helped them land their dream jobs in finance (IBD, Asset Management), law (inc. Magic Circle) and consulting (inc. McKinsey).

It's just a side job. A hobby. I have a full time job (working on the buy-side).

What's the deal?

I have been doing this for a while (sometimes as a friendly favour, sometimes for a large fee) and I am planning to launch a new website to formalise the process. However, it would be useful to gather some references. Thus, I am happy to offer my help/career advice in exchange for dinner / some small fee (just to make sure that people respect my time and I don't end up with 1000 requests - and do a poor job at trying to handle all of them) + a few sentences of feedback (whether good or bad - both welcome!).

I could also meet up in central London (work permitting) with anyone who would like to learn more about various careers in the City etc.

I hope you understand that I do not have much time to monitor and actively participate in all the exciting subjects in this forum - so private messages are most appreciated.

Let me know if this would be of any interest.

Best,
Dante
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending