Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot700
Your opinion.

We just gotta wait and see, bud.
Original post by TheAmazingETF
We just gotta wait and see, bud.

ok.
Original post by Coldvertix
The news are depressing, you will be much happier not knowing about them.
Ignorance is bliss.
Also don't go online on facebook,twitter, any of the news sites, use youtube only and only to listen to songs and don't read the comments.

Trust me you will be much happier and free.

I entirelyyyy agree and that's exactly why I try to avoid it too (with v little success, I might add, but nevertheless it helps ) Glad to know I'm not alone though. :u: I like believing that life is actually just a fun fairy dance with lots of candyfloss + rainbows + glitter + that death is fiction bc nobody really ever "dies", rather their gold dust of mobility just gets stolen by the gremlins. :u:
I used to have this mindset when I was younger, but the thing is ignoring the news because of how it makes you feel doesn't mean all of those things stop happening - it just means you're ignoring the fact they do.

I'd much rather be aware, even if that does mean feeling awful about things I can't control sometimes. :yep:
I can see where you're coming from, but if anything I believe that people should be more informed about the news. Just in a more objective sense (if possible), and not so slavish to the media who documents it.
It would probably stress me out to not know what's happening in the world tbh lol
Original post by Blondie987
It would probably stress me out to not know what's happening in the world tbh lol

But even if it depresses you??.
Don't you prefer not to know about those bad things that happen in the world ?.
Original post by Qwerty12x
But even if it depresses you??.
Don't you prefer not to know about those bad things that happen in the world ?.

Well, I'd be more depressed to know that people knew these bad things were happening but instead of trying to help, they ignored them. Also, the news isn't all doom and gloom, there are many positive things going on around the world as well! :biggrin:
Original post by Blondie987
Well, I'd be more depressed to know that people knew these bad things were happening but instead of trying to help, they ignored them. Also, the news isn't all doom and gloom, there are many positive things going on around the world as well! :biggrin:

Yeah , but listen the sad reality is that we cannot change those things , so in order to be happy I think the best way is to live in a bubble lol :biggrin:
And focus only on our lives.,,
Original post by miktos121
Yeah , but listen the sad reality is that we cannot change those things , so in order to be happy I think the best way is to live in a bubble lol :biggrin:
And focus only on our lives.,,

But every individual in the world deserves to be happy, personally I do want to help in whatever way I can, I'm thinking of going into charity work after uni :smile:
Ironically the media keeps us ignorant, so those saying they'd be ignorant in a world without consuming media etc day in day out are wrong - the opposite is true. The media packages the world in a neat, simplified bubble - even the well meaning "independent" media on the internet can be very dumbed down. The world itself is an amazing, complex, huge place. Books are the only keys to true education.
Original post by ironandbeer2
Ironically the media keeps us ignorant, so those saying they'd be ignorant in a world without consuming media etc day in day out are wrong - the opposite is true. The media packages the world in a neat, simplified bubble - even the well meaning "independent" media on the internet can be very dumbed down. The world itself is an amazing, complex, huge place. Books are the only keys to true education.

*Inserts Barack Obamas not bad face*
Original post by Longshot700
*Inserts Barack Obamas not bad face*

Original post by Coldvertix
The news are depressing, you will be much happier not knowing about them.
Ignorance is bliss.
Also don't go online on facebook,twitter, any of the news sites, use youtube only and only to listen to songs and don't read the comments.

Trust me you will be much happier and free.

I just spent about 2 weeks from controversial sites I use, (current affairs here, 9gag and youtube comments) and It felt pretty good, just went back, saw the typical people with the mental illness where they don't have enough mental strength to judge someone on an individual basis and do it based on their race/ religion and feel agitated again.

The Ignorance is bliss comment is wrong though, it's always the typical ignorant comment that you know. I call it, staying away from ar*eholes is bliss.

Quick Reply

Latest