The Student Room Group

Do you play a musical instrument?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sandvika
And me who cant not alt pick making palm muted power chords sound bad

nice video also LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY \m/

On the plus side, my downpicking game is definitely on point. Maybe I should join Metallica :biggrin:
Reply 21
Grade 7 cello and piano!!!
I play piano and guitar. Both poorly though.
I've played the violin for nearly 12 years. I did learn the piano for a bit but I never did any grades and was quite bad so don't count it lol.
Reply 24
Yep I play the piano, I'm on grade 7 now :ahee:
Also play the violin and guitar, but poorly tbh
Reply 25
I can do hot cross buns/three blind mice on the recorder

#year8music
I'm a self taught guitarist :smile: and I'm pretty damn good lol
Drummer here, my student accommodation neighbors are gonna haaate me
Original post by luminarychild
I'm a self taught guitarist :smile: and I'm pretty damn good lol

lets hear then, i am self taught too cause i dont need to pay a guy to watch me play
lets hear then, i am self taught too cause i dont need to pay a guy to watch me play

Well now you ave inspired me to upload a video on youtube of me playing! :biggrin: I might do that soon I want to cover weeding dress by Taeyang

I've taught myself from online lessons and videos lol
Original post by luminarychild
Well now you ave inspired me to upload a video on youtube of me playing! :biggrin: I might do that soon I want to cover weeding dress by Taeyang

I've taught myself from online lessons and videos lol

There are so many guitar parts in that song it will be very hard to cover i am sure
There are so many guitar parts in that song it will be very hard to cover i am sure

Practice makes perfect!
I am trying to master it like this guy xD
[video="youtube;dGhFghjBPpI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGhFghjBPpI[/video]
I used to play the flute a couple of years ago... I miss it so much
Reply 33
I can play:
Guitar
Bass
Ukulele
Harmonica
Piano/Keyboard
Cello
Drums
and best of all............... THE TRIANGLE
Self Taught guitar

Grade 8 Drums

Played trumpet a while ago.
I play piano (working towards grade 5, played for 12 years... Yes, 12...), guitar (self taught for about 4/5 years), ukulele (self taught for about 3/4 years), flute (grade 1, lessons for about 3 years) and mandolin (self taught - really bad though. Had it for less than a year). I also sing (working towards grade 8)! :smile: I'd love to be able to play a bowed string instrument, the piccolo and the drums! :P
is mayonaisse an instrument?
(nah I've been playing guitar and drums for 10+ years)
Violin grade 5. Should be a lot higher to be honest but I've had so many changes of tutors - illness, death, changed full time jobs that I'm astonished I've got this far. Play in school orchestra.
Reply 38
Grade 8 piano.
Played violin for 6 years but didn't take any exams.
Self learning guitar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I play the violin. I did grade 7 at 6th form and am working through grade 8 but I'm not sure whether to take it due to uni work! My uni is great and they give out music scholarships if your "aiming" for grade 8 so I get 1hr free lesson each week! I also play several other instruments but I teach myself just for fun. Luckily my uni has practice rooms which we can use. It was so useful last year as I lived on campus and the music department was seconds away (I could see it from my room) but now I live 10mins bus/30mins walk away so it's not as easy! I do practice in my room but I use a mute. Last year my flatmates said they liked my practicing but I can't help feeling they probably get fed up of hearing the same pieces over and over again!

Quick Reply

Latest