The Student Room Group
Reply 1
just go over some past papers and try and read any examiners reportsyou can get your hands on. also go through mark schemes and write out the exact definitions they are looking for definitions etc.:biggrin: hope this helps....:smile:
Reply 2
decky1989
just go over some past papers and try and read any examiners reportsyou can get your hands on. also go through mark schemes and write out the exact definitions they are looking for definitions etc.:biggrin: hope this helps....:smile:

thanks,

i will go past all mark schemes and read that content thing :wink:

however what do you mean by definitions?
Reply 3
key terms. for example, describe propaganda? it depends whether your exams are essay based or not but you will need to use key terms in your essays anyway.:smile:
Reply 4
decky1989
key terms. for example, describe propaganda? it depends whether your exams are essay based or not but you will need to use key terms in your essays anyway.:smile:

oh ok

mine are source based and essay based,

thanks for help, any other tips would be appreciated
Reply 5
you could go to your local libary and read up on any books which could help you get a better understanding of russia and great britain to get some useful facts and quotes. google is your friend also for researching!:biggrin:
Reply 6
decky1989
you could go to your local libary and read up on any books which could help you get a better understanding of russia and great britain to get some useful facts and quotes. google is your friend also for researching!:biggrin:

yup, thing is i need to know the concept. the region im studying is from Stalin to Gorbachov, thus i need to know the main features in these 60-80 years period, i better start reading up on it
Go through your notes/textbook and pick out the key points for each topic/chapter. Take advantage of A-level history being much more analytical than GCSE and don't concern yourself with knowing the date for absolutely everything that happened. Use past papers to identify the type of questions that usually come up. I found with history that they start repeating them every few years, so there aren't that many. Use either pages of notes or flashcards to remember the content and do an essay plan for each of the main questions.

Latest

Trending

Trending