The Student Room Group

Planning to drop out to change course (Over-payment grant issue) Please help!

Hi,

I'm planning to drop out my current course and would like to apply for a new one this September. I heard that SFE would probably charge me for an over-payment grant which I need to payback immediately.

My problem is I'm currently unemployed at the moment. Can I ask for a repayment plan to pay my over-payment grant (Monthly installments?) or can I ask them to deduct the over-payment grant fee to my maintenance grant this September?

Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
i think they usually do payment plans
Original post by M_lala00
Hi,

I'm planning to drop out my current course and would like to apply for a new one this September. I heard that SFE would probably charge me for an over-payment grant which I need to payback immediately.

My problem is I'm currently unemployed at the moment. Can I ask for a repayment plan to pay my over-payment grant (Monthly installments?) or can I ask them to deduct the over-payment grant fee to my maintenance grant this September?

Thank you in advance!

My partner got them to agree a repayment plan for his grant today so tell SLC that you re unemployed then go from there.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
My partner got them to agree a repayment plan for his grant today so tell SLC that you re unemployed then go from there.

Thank you! Is it possible to pay them in small chunks like £5 to £10 a month?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply