The Student Room Group

BA Fine Arts Chelsea College/ BA Textiles Chelsea College -- getting in

Hi!!
I am just about to have an interview at Chelsea, for BA Fine Arts and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a strong IB at Visual Arts is enough to get me in. I know its risky, but is it possible? Also, what would you say makes a good impression (in terms of what to put into the portfolio...)
I would also be glad to have some insight about the course: are teachers helpful/ supportive? Do you have to put on loooads of exhibitions or more like end of year ones? I heard you have to help 3rd year students quite a lot with their work, is this true??
A friend of mine is applying for BA Textiles there too, so I would be also glad is anyone could say a few words on that too :smile:
Thank you!!!
Original post by isabellag1
Hi!!
I am just about to have an interview at Chelsea, for BA Fine Arts and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a strong IB at Visual Arts is enough to get me in. I know its risky, but is it possible? Also, what would you say makes a good impression (in terms of what to put into the portfolio...)
I would also be glad to have some insight about the course: are teachers helpful/ supportive? Do you have to put on loooads of exhibitions or more like end of year ones? I heard you have to help 3rd year students quite a lot with their work, is this true??
A friend of mine is applying for BA Textiles there too, so I would be also glad is anyone could say a few words on that too :smile:
Thank you!!!

Hiya! I'm Kerri I've applied for BA textiles and also have an interview but i am not sure if its a one to one interview or the first stage like an audition where they do a portfolio review as a group and basically filter down who they want to interview. This may just be central saint martins but as it is UAL i assumed they interview the same way. So in this case your portfolio has to be selective with a strong beginning and strong end with all the loose sketches (which they like to see) being in the middle of the portfolio. I am trying to find out myself what to bring..whether to bring all my sketchbooks or just have a new fresh sketchbook as a portfolio with sketchbook work and pages inside alongside own work. I am not sure what IB visual arts is but if it helps I have done a fashion dilpoma level 3 which is equivalent to 3 a levels and they said they do consider these qualifications however most A level students have had to do a foundation in advance unless your work is really good and they may except a few from a level but it is prefered that you have experience from a foundation type course before hand. Hope that helps a lil bit ahaha!! x

Quick Reply

Latest