The Student Room Group

placement offer decision

I have received two placement offers from two organisations I'll use A and B. I initially said I was going to accept the offer for A while waiting for B to respond. B is more preferable in terms of location and role. However, I haven't signed the contract for A and have tried contacting them with no response. B has now given me an offer and are aware I have an offer from A. they have also been very supportive throughout the process and responded urgently to all my questions while I am unable to contact A.
should I follow through with A and sign the contract because I initially said I was going to accept it on the phone or let them know I cant accept it anymore through email as they are not picking my calls. Or should I reject the offer from B and explain that I have an offer from A. please I need some urgent advice. Thanks
No. Go with B. 'A' are big boys. They can take a rejection. Sure, it is hard, but explain honestly that you had an offer that works better for you and then don't look back.

Good luck!
If you haven't signed anything then you're not obliged to go with A. Just send them a polite email saying you've changed your mind, you don't explicitly have to give them a reason.
Reply 3
Thank you all for the response. I have been worried but I will let them know of my decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending