The Student Room Group

HMRC Hidden Economy Recruitment

Hi All, was just wondering who all applied for this and what they thought?

Thought it would be helpful to keep track of updates too! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

I've applied for this one and have my interview on Friday. Just doing some prep now.

What do you think of the variable hours?
Reply 2
I had my interview last week and this was discussed, they said it's not that often that weekends would be involved but sometimes evening work would be required. I think its quite an exciting role. Was told that offers would be made by the end of the month too!
Reply 3
Original post by bwatters1
I had my interview last week and this was discussed, they said it's not that often that weekends would be involved but sometimes evening work would be required. I think its quite an exciting role. Was told that offers would be made by the end of the month too!

Ah brilliant! Out of hours work doesn't bother me but wondered how often you actually do it. If you don't mind me asking how was the interview? Worried about the role play at the moment!
Reply 4
Original post by daltoja
Ah brilliant! Out of hours work doesn't bother me but wondered how often you actually do it. If you don't mind me asking how was the interview? Worried about the role play at the moment!

The Interview was fine, we were made to feel very relaxed, just look over the competancy guidelines and you'll be ok. The role play was ok too, first time I'd eveer done one.

Where have you applied?
Reply 5
I have learned the competencies point by point and got a couple of good examples for each so hoping that will see me through. I've done role plays before at an interview but just don't know what to expect for this one!
I have applied for Leeds and put my second choice as Manchester. Interview is at Leeds on Friday morning. How about you?
Reply 6
I had my interview for the Belfast office last Friday! Hope all goes well for you!
Reply 7
They've started giving out offers, was placed on reserve list with 5,6,5 in the interview and 82% in the test; better than nothing!
Reply 8
Original post by bwatters1
They've started giving out offers, was placed on reserve list with 5,6,5 in the interview and 82% in the test; better than nothing!

Oh that's really good, well done!! Well I had my interview on Friday but they told us we had to wait until all the recruitment was done - and there's interviews still on today at Leeds. Ill be glad if I hear sooner than expected though, can't stand waiting!
Reply 9
Well done! Do you know how many people/how long they were interviewing in Belfast? I'm waiting on Cardiff.. To put me out of my misery! I didn't think we'd hear until the end of the month, now I can't stop frantically checking and refreshing my emails!

In response to your other thread, I've been on the reserve list for the criminal investigation job since December - no luck yet!
Reply 10
Original post by RhianC3
Well done! Do you know how many people/how long they were interviewing in Belfast? I'm waiting on Cardiff.. To put me out of my misery! I didn't think we'd hear until the end of the month, now I can't stop frantically checking and refreshing my emails!

In response to your other thread, I've been on the reserve list for the criminal investigation job since December - no luck yet!

I think in toal there were 36 interviewed in Belfast. Interviews ended very early which is probably why we heard back first.

I hope the reserve list comes to something and is not just there to appease angry people like me haha
Reply 11
Offered a post!!!!!!!!!!!! :colondollar:
Reply 12
Me too!!! I'm so chuffed!
Original post by RhianC3
Me too!!! I'm so chuffed!

I am so pleased that you did!!!!

Can't wait now to get started!
Reply 14
Is anyone here for belfast?

Congrats to you all!
Reply 15
This campaign was very good with deadline and so on, wonder how long it's going to take to complete the checks?
Reply 16
Yeah I agree- they let us know very promptly, both about interview and outcome (you especially!). Hopefully not too long, it's not as big a recruitment campaign as others I've seen, only 240 posts nationwide, so might take too long...
Well done both. I've just been offered a position in Cardiff!
Reply 18
Original post by Bookworm1315
Well done both. I've just been offered a position in Cardiff!

Congrats! That's 3 of us now :smile:
Hi Everyone, Ive just joined the site.

I have been offered a position today pending checks, although I have just passed all of my checks for the ao position so Im hoping there isnt much more to do now..... congratulations to everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending