The Student Room Group

Career vs relationship

Scroll to see replies

Definitely relationship.
Career, I've always aspired to be a high flyer and I'm really ambitious. I feel as though relationships hold people back in a way. You constantly have to work on them. I also feel like I could have a relationship any time I want to. But great career opportunities can come once in a lifetime and I wouldn't want to let that slip away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G-mute1995
Career, I've always aspired to be a high flyer and I'm really ambitious. I feel as though relationships hold people back in a way. You constantly have to work on them. I also feel like I could have a relationship any time I want to. But great career opportunities can come once in a lifetime and I wouldn't want to let that slip away.

I feel like that's the sign of a non-perfect relationship...
Original post by Alexion
I feel like that's the sign of a non-perfect relationship...

True... Always feel scared of having a relationship because I feel like I'll have to sacrifice a huge chunk of my hopes and aspirations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexion
That's not my point. You'd rather spend that 40 years relentlessly earning money, looking forward to retirement? LIVE IN THE NOW, WOMAN :h:

Wrong. I enjoy studying and will hopefully in the future enjoy my job. Relationships have been nothing but pain, ever,
Original post by Emilia1320
Wrong. I enjoy studying and will hopefully in the future enjoy my job. Relationships have been nothing but pain, ever,

Haha, fair enough. You haven't experienced any glimpse of what a perfect relationship can be, it seems...
I think a good relationship would probably make you happier than a good career.
Dream career.
Original post by Hydeman
Dream career.

You're doing life wrong.
Reply 29
The 'perfect relationship' should allow you to have the dream career you want. I mean thats ideal. If something is holding you back, maybe it isnt the perfect relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
None of that will matter when you are in an old people's home though... Sound's like you are the expensive creature and projecting that onto women, or even only attracting women parallel to yourself.

it will as my old peoples home will have chauffeured bentleys and heli-tours yours will be run but a few abusive h=nhs people if it still exists then
Original post by walking in sand
You're doing life wrong.

I'm just answering the question. :beard: Ideally, I'd like both. But if it's a choice between the two, dream career all the way. :woo:
Original post by G-mute1995
I feel as though relationships hold people back in a way. You constantly have to work on them.

Repped. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
Repped. :smile:

Flattered. 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
Career alllll the way, as long as you work consistently, your career will still be there in five years - a relationship? Maybe maybe not
A career will pay you, a relationship will do the exact opposite, no hidden past, no distractions, no arguments, no being held back, no emotional baggage, no drama to deal with etc etc
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
Haha, fair enough. You haven't experienced any glimpse of what a perfect relationship can be, it seems...

Perhaps. But my studies really make me happy and career is my dream. Each does what makes them happy right? For me love is not answer, its tried and seen.
Career.Money.Power
Reply 37
Career no questions asks. Very simple one.
Reply 38
Career. As harsh as it sounds, but people are exchangeable, your future isn't
Not for everyone, and not obiviously. People have different views about their lives and that's fine.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending