The Student Room Group

Will i need a pen for Computer Science? (LJMU)

Basically, i hate writing with a pen, i much prefer typing. I am starting a Computer Science degree this September and would much rather take a laptop with me.

In my college i don't even need a bag because ALL the work is computer based, if i take notes it will be on a desktop etc. I literally don't even need to take anything to college.

Will University be similar to this or will i be expected to write using the primitive pen? :smile:
You will need a pen for exams.
Reply 2
Woops, didn't actually think of that
Original post by Cicca205
Basically, i hate writing with a pen, i much prefer typing. I am starting a Computer Science degree this September and would much rather take a laptop with me.

In my college i don't even need a bag because ALL the work is computer based, if i take notes it will be on a desktop etc. I literally don't even need to take anything to college.

Will University be similar to this or will i be expected to write using the primitive pen? :smile:

You would need a pen to take down some rough notes,doing rough calculations,writing exams,doodling,rough drawing,etc.

Why do you hate pens btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cicca205

You need one for exams, and for the maths involved. You don't really need a pen and paper for maths but it's a load easier than using a computer imo. No one will force you to use pen and paper in lectures.
Reply 5
Thanks for the answers. Saying I hate pens is a bit of an exaggeration. I just much prefer typing as it's much neater and faster for me personally
Reply 6
I would take a pen just in case :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending