The Student Room Group

Should I be worried?

In year 13, just did my c3 and c4 mock (papers from 2015), got 51/75 on both, a C, should I be worried as I want at least an A/A*
I got a C in my c1 mock last year and ended up with an A so I'd be inclined to think I'd be okay, though I felt I did really well in c3 and **** in c4..lol
Reply 1
Original post by Conservationofmass
In year 13, just did my c3 and c4 mock (papers from 2015), got 51/75 on both, a C, should I be worried as I want at least an A/A*
I got a C in my c1 mock last year and ended up with an A so I'd be inclined to think I'd be okay, though I felt I did really well in c3 and **** in c4..lol

If one of my students did, I would be slightly concerned on their behalf, particularly for A*
Speaking from experience: I'm also in year 13 however last year sat the following maths exams from the edexcel board: C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, S1. I revised ~6 hours per exam for my mocks and achieved c's and d's in the mocks. (cant remember exactly but i think c3 was my worst exam). When it came to the summer exams I did more revision (in hindsight it still wasn't enough) and achieved an A overall (A in C4, A in C3) so it is possible however I would consider myself lucky to have achieved this. This year I've chosen to retake both C3 and C4 in an attempt to get an A* (uni offers). My only advice would be....revise. I probably will have a repeat of last year and achieve grades slightly below those that I would like however maybe you can be less stubborn than me :biggrin: tl;dr: You're asking an open ended question but if you want an A/A* there is more than enough time to get it. GL :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest