The Student Room Group

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes, but I always just blagged it and wrote what I wanted to say in the hour before the presentation. The rest of my team were never happy, but it always went fine.
Original post by ByronicHero
Yes, but I always just blagged it and wrote what I wanted to say in the hour before the presentation. The rest of my team were never happy, but it always went fine.

The rest of your team? Is it not independent?
Yeah you do, however from experience even if you talk and rush through it, usually you get a good mark... However thats my uni, some may different..
Original post by CoronationStreet
The rest of your team? Is it not independent?

It will differ massively between universities, courses and modules. Ours were always in small groups. The intention was to test your ability to collaborate I assume. I rather disregarded that.
Reply 5
Yes it is part of my course (Childhood studies) but I am not made to take part due to my mental health conditions. Most courses will have some elements of group work/presentations, even if they are not formally assessed.
I had to do them for my hnd but not nursing as there's too many of us.
Original post by Jenx301
Yes it is part of my course (Childhood studies) but I am not made to take part due to my mental health conditions. Most courses will have some elements of group work/presentations, even if they are only informal.

I have severe anxiety, Im fine when im in a group but when im alone Id just have a panic attack.

My course is healthcare science if I tell my uni about my mental health conditions they would just say well if you cant present then your not very good at working with people which is what my course is based on
yep, including presenting in front of 100+ people
Original post by claireestelle
I had to do them for my hnd but not nursing as there's too many of us.

Were the presentations on your own or within groups?
Original post by The Diplomat.
yep, including presenting in front of 100+ people

Serious? What course did you do??
Yes, I'm a language student so obviously our presentations have to be Presented in the lagunage that we were studying :smile:
I have severe anxiety, Im fine when im in a group but when im alone Id just have a panic attack.

My course is healthcare science if I tell my uni about my mental health conditions they would just say well if you cant present then your not very good at working with people which is what my course is based on

I understand where they are coming from, my uni have said similar, however my diagnosis makes me a disabled student and they are legally required to make reasonable adjustments to support me. At times it's tough but my support worker tends to fight my corner. I also tell them that I am going to start new treatment soon and therefore hopefully I will be better in the future for when I start working.
Were the presentations on your own or within groups?

On my own, as I m dyslexic they usually let me present just in front of the lecturers rather than the whole group.
Yep :frown: we also get marked on timing so if you're 15 seconds out from the time it's supposed to be you can't get a first in that section of the marking :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they were to say that, then that would be discrimination. My career choice is all about communication and teamwork but any of my course mates with anxiety get exam adjustments no questions asked.
Serious? What course did you do??

Yep dw its not that bad.

And soz m8 im not saying which course I do (stalkers)
Original post by Changing Skies
Yep :frown: we also get marked on timing so if you're 15 seconds out from the time it's supposed to be you can't get a first in that section of the marking :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's just mean, we used to get a minute either way before it effected our marks.
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont know how im going to do this I have severe anxiety
Original post by claireestelle
That's just mean, we used to get a minute either way before it effected our marks.

It is! I think we only get a pass or a 2.2 for that section if we're a minute out! :redface:
I dont know how im going to do this I have severe anxiety

Please don't worry! You won't have it as bad as that and it's not too bad. I get very nervous and it is hard, but it's doable. If you have anxiety I'm sure you'll have things adjusted to cater for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest