The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Future Zoology student here going for Endcliffe, self-catered shared bathroom!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Lou2110
Hey everyone!

Not sure if there's a thread going yet for first years going into accommodation in September 2016 so thought I'd make one just in case!

I'm planning on applying to a self catering ensuite in Endcliffe :smile:

What about everyone else?

Hi! I'm also looking at applying for a self catering ensuite in Endcliffe, ☺️
Original post by ABGorilla
I'm considering private halls like Sheffield 2, Cornerhouse and Omnia Space...does anyone know what they're like? Experience wise?

Have you tried Aspect 3? Same street as Sheffield 2 and Cornerhouse - my sister is living there at the moment and loves it! There's plenty of first years here too, everyone seems really nice (and the staff, which can be rare! Mine were awful at uni!!) they've got a dishwasher in the apartments too!!!
Original post by katywiggins
Have you tried Aspect 3? Same street as Sheffield 2 and Cornerhouse - my sister is living there at the moment and loves it! There's plenty of first years here too, everyone seems really nice (and the staff, which can be rare! Mine were awful at uni!!) they've got a dishwasher in the apartments too!!!

Yes but a few of the reviews threw me off so I didnt really know what to do lol
The google reviews? Yeah she was the same! But if you look they're a few years old now and maybe its just me but I like to be positive and think that things can change and improve! :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by GeorgiaSheffUni
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say if you have any questions about accommodation at Sheffield University I'm happy to try and answer them :smile:

Hi, was just wondering what's the best choice out of ensuite and shared bathroom at endcliffe? I was thinking shared bathroom but so few people seem to go for that, so I don't know if I'll be out on a limb?
Original post by GeorgiaSheffUni
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say if you have any questions about accommodation at Sheffield University I'm happy to try and answer them :smile:

Hi! I am going to firm Sheffield once I hear back from my last Uni, I really want to go Catered and I was wondering if you knew roughly how it worked? I know you get given a card with a food allowance on, does that mean you just eat whenever and wherever, there isn't a certain time or place where you all go together?

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective/index

Accommodation applications are now live :smile:
Original post by Claudia21220
Hi! I am going to firm Sheffield once I hear back from my last Uni, I really want to go Catered and I was wondering if you knew roughly how it worked? I know you get given a card with a food allowance on, does that mean you just eat whenever and wherever, there isn't a certain time or place where you all go together?

Hi :smile: I'm not a student at Sheffield but I'm firming it and I have looked into the different accommodation options. If you are catered you get money put onto your GeniUS Card every week and you can use it to buy breakfast/lunch/dinner in any of the 'Hustle and Bustle' outlets across campus. So no there is no set time for everyone to go together - you just get whatever food you want, when you want, from any of the food outlets. There's a wide range of different venues including cafes, deli bars and restaurants offering different types of foods for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can choose which meals to buy with your card, I think they say that the money you get each week (about £49) is enough to buy two meals a day so it's your choice what to spend it on. You can top the card up with your own money if you run out and anything you don't spend will roll over to the next week. That's pretty much everything I can think to tell you!

I was considering going catered but in the end I decided I'm quite fussy with what I like to eat so for me it's probably best to cook my own!

Hope this helps a bit! :smile:

http://withus.com/catered-students/
Hi, quick question.

I'm planning on applying for an en-suite at Endcliffe, but I haven't heard back from the admissions office yet (long story short - couldn't apply through UCAS since I already accepted an unconditional offer elsewhere).

Since I will be getting an unconditional offer from UoS (if/when they get back to me) how likely is it that I will get my choice of accommodation? Just kinda worried since loads of people are already replying but I can't apply yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pizzanomics
Hi, quick question.

I'm planning on applying for an en-suite at Endcliffe, but I haven't heard back from the admissions office yet (long story short - couldn't apply through UCAS since I already accepted an unconditional offer elsewhere).

Since I will be getting an unconditional offer from UoS (if/when they get back to me) how likely is it that I will get my choice of accommodation? Just kinda worried since loads of people are already replying but I can't apply yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is likely you'll get your room choice. Conditional offer holders will not receive an accommodation offer until after A Level results day, so you don't have to worry about all the good rooms disappearing before you get the chance to apply.

If you get an unconditional, I think you'll hear back about your accommodation allocation earlier than conditional offer holders, as a firmed unconditional offer means you're definitely going there, provided you don't withdraw your application or haven't provided false information in your application
Original post by super_kawaii
It is likely you'll get your room choice. Conditional offer holders will not receive an accommodation offer until after A Level results day, so you don't have to worry about all the good rooms disappearing before you get the chance to apply.

If you get an unconditional, I think you'll hear back about your accommodation allocation earlier than conditional offer holders, as a firmed unconditional offer means you're definitely going there, provided you don't withdraw your application or haven't provided false information in your application

Cool, I had a feeling that was how it would work. Thanks for the quick response! :smile:
Cool, I had a feeling that was how it would work. Thanks for the quick response! :smile:

No worries. I'm currently at Sheffield, so I've been through all this myself.
Reply 33
I'm applying for Endcliffe, en suite and self catered 😊
No worries. I'm currently at Sheffield, so I've been through all this myself.

Are all the "halls" in Endcliffe essentially the same? I've visited before since I've got friends there and they were in Frogatt, pretty sure there were 10 rooms in the flat and it seemed really good. Would love to have 9 other flat mates tbh
Are all the "halls" in Endcliffe essentially the same? I've visited before since I've got friends there and they were in Frogatt, pretty sure there were 10 rooms in the flat and it seemed really good. Would love to have 9 other flat mates tbh

It depends on which block you end up in. I was in a block of 6 (so had 5 flatmates), but there are also flats of 8, 10 and even some with 13 in Ranmoor! Flats of 6 are single sex whereas those with 8 or more people in are mixed. When you apply you should be able to state your preference for single sex or mixed
It depends on which block you end up in. I was in a block of 6 (so had 5 flatmates), but there are also flats of 8, 10 and even some with 13 in Ranmoor! Flats of 6 are single sex whereas those with 8 or more people in are mixed. When you apply you should be able to state your preference for single sex or mixed

Ah okay, yeah I'd rather go mixed to be honest, especially if it means I'll get more flatmates :smile: 13 seems like way too many though ngl haha
Original post by ramo_howin
Future Zoology student here going for Endcliffe, self-catered shared bathroom!

Im thinking the same but (History and politics student) How far is it from the main buildings can't tell?
firmed sheffield for history and politics! Anyone got any recommendations about accommodation? not sure whether to go city or endcliffe?
Reply 39
Shared bathroom or ensuite at endcliffe/ranmoor??? Lmao don't wanna run out of ££ if I go ensuite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending