The Student Room Group

CALLING ALL RADA STUDENTS! Help is needed!

What courses should i take if i want to apply at RADA, the truth about the auditions and any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
RickmanAlways
Firstly,if you are coming straight from secondary school don't be put off by rejection first time round. RADA believe in 'life experience' so are not huge fans of 18 year old - though there are exceptions. I would definitely still audition at 18 as it allows you to prepare for the next year.

One student I know went to audition at 18 and was given a list of things to do and come back in 5 years. The list included things like travel Europe, get an office job and loose 3 pounds. He did all of these things, came back after 5 years and got a place.
Original post by charlie-hh
Firstly,if you are coming straight from secondary school don't be put off by rejection first time round. RADA believe in 'life experience' so are not huge fans of 18 year old - though there are exceptions. I would definitely still audition at 18 as it allows you to prepare for the next year.

One student I know went to audition at 18 and was given a list of things to do and come back in 5 years. The list included things like travel Europe, get an office job and loose 3 pounds. He did all of these things, came back after 5 years and got a place.

This is really good, short and concise. Thank You

He was told to lose weight?!
Smh what is this industry :ashamed2:
Original post by lilacwanda28

Yeah I completely get it :frown:

Yep, it's pretty bad. I feel that actors suppose to be fat and play stereotypical roles or very thin and fit. Being a normal sized human doesn't go down well in the industry sometimes :frown:
Yep, it's pretty bad. I feel that actors suppose to be fat and play stereotypical roles or very thin and fit. Being a normal sized human doesn't go down well in the industry sometimes :frown:

it's ridiculous
if you had low self esteem anyways, how could you survive in this industry?
it's ridiculous
if you had low self esteem anyways, how could you survive in this industry?

Who knows....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending