The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Doing MSc elsewhere

Hi,

Well I'm one of the fools that did not properly research Kingston before applying. Shortly I will graduate with a 1st class Computer Science degree (with a year in industry), which honestly is toilet paper.

Year 8 is worth more than anything Kingston has to offer, check the statistics... Other universities go deep into algorithms, maths (I suck at maths but still it is important), Linux/Unix, actually putting together hardware not learning GCSE level facts. I'm not here to argue, if you can't see sense then don't reply.

My question: since Kingston taught such useless material, and employers view the university as a joke I have decided I need to take a master's degree at a better university. However, will I be able to manage since other universities are so much more advanced?! I have been told that a master's degree at Kingston is equal to a 2nd year BSc at a better university!

Thanks in advance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kac
Hi,

Well I'm one of the fools that did not properly research Kingston before applying. Shortly I will graduate with a 1st class Computer Science degree (with a year in industry), which honestly is toilet paper.

Year 8 is worth more than anything Kingston has to offer, check the statistics... Other universities go deep into algorithms, maths (I suck at maths but still it is important), Linux/Unix, actually putting together hardware not learning GCSE level facts. I'm not here to argue, if you can't see sense then don't reply.

My question: since Kingston taught such useless material, and employers view the university as a joke I have decided I need to take a master's degree at a better university. However, will I be able to manage since other universities are so much more advanced?! I have been told that a master's degree at Kingston is equal to a 2nd year BSc at a better university!

Thanks in advance.

Hi kac,
The University really values feedback and uses it to improve the experience of students. You can help them with this by posting your comments to one of these forums https://mykingston.kingston.ac.uk/myuni/studentvoice/you_said_we_did/Pages/Providing-feedback.aspx. Chloe :smile:Student Ambassador
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
kac
OP
Original post by Kingston University
Hi kac,
The University really values feedback and uses it to improve the experience of students. You can help them with this by posting your comments to one of these forums https://mykingston.kingston.ac.uk/myuni/studentvoice/you_said_we_did/Pages/Providing-feedback.aspx. Chloe :smile:Student Ambassador

Didn't answer my question.

According to most - unless I go somewhere even worse than Kingston like London Met then I honestly have no chance of ever doing MSc at a better university.

Kingston has essentially bear trapped people. UCAS should show a warning when someone with higher than necessary UCAS points tries to apply to an institution like this, as most people honestly have no idea quality and what is actually taught drops so dramatically!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending