The Student Room Group

Classics revision

I'm a Classics teacher (I guess the clue is in the name...) and willing to chat about revision and tricky topics in the run-up to exams whether in Latin, Greek or Classical Civilisation. Feel free to send me a PM or a reply on here with what you're looking for and I'll do my best to help. :smile:
Reply 1
Thanks. Do you think Cicero was correct in the way he dealt with the Catiline conspiracy?
Reply 2
Original post by Classics_Teacher
I'm a Classics teacher (I guess the clue is in the name...) and willing to chat about revision and tricky topics in the run-up to exams whether in Latin, Greek or Classical Civilisation. Feel free to send me a PM or a reply on here with what you're looking for and I'll do my best to help. :smile:

Could you explain to me the differences between the gerund and the gerundive, and their respective uses?
Reply 3

I'm doing the OCR Classics: Ancient History A level, would you be able to help me as well?

Jupiter bless you! Do you have any Odyssey/Rome resources for either GCSE or AS ClassCiv? I'm essentially self-teaching both >-< I have the GCSE textbook, but it doesn't cover topics such as how foreigners were treated in Rome, the effects of wealth (esp the nouveaux riches), and religion and philosophy (Epicurianism and Stoicism). I've googled a whole bunch of stuff but am still feeling pretty uncertain!
Original post by Aear
Could you explain to me the differences between the gerund and the gerundive, and their respective uses?

I have sent you a PM - hope it helps!
Original post by roarchika
Jupiter bless you! Do you have any Odyssey/Rome resources for either GCSE or AS ClassCiv? I'm essentially self-teaching both >-< I have the GCSE textbook, but it doesn't cover topics such as how foreigners were treated in Rome, the effects of wealth (esp the nouveaux riches), and religion and philosophy (Epicurianism and Stoicism). I've googled a whole bunch of stuff but am still feeling pretty uncertain!

Which exam board with? Is it OCR?
Which exam board with? Is it OCR?

Yes, it is! Also, on top of all of that - would you perhaps be able to explain how to structure answers (Esp the 45 marker) in AS ClassCiv? (thank you so so so much)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending