The Student Room Group

Can the Chinese super league compete with Europe?

With Chinese clubs spending big on transfers in recent times, it begs the question will they one day be able to compete with Europes "top 5" leagues? If not, why? And if so, when?

Scroll to see replies

Specia fry rice two dorrah
Not compete with Europe but certainly will be THE destination for players reaching the end of their careers or players, who have some pedigree but not playing for their clubs, getting a big money move. TBF, you can't blame them with the money being offered. Won't be long before Chinese ownership is in action in the PL - the stake in Man City is a calculated start to make waves in the PL eventually.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Specia fry rice two dorrah

Think it should be more - Specia fwy rie two dollah
Original post by Aky786UK
Not compete with Europe but certainly will be THE destination for players reaching the end of their careers or players, who have some pedigree but not playing for their clubs, getting a big money move. TBF, you can't blame them with the money being offered. Won't be long before Chinese ownership is in action in the PL - the stake in Man City is a calculated start to make waves in the PL eventually.

Teixeria probably at the peak of his career, and he's off there. Can never see a big, big time player going there in their prime though. It's effectively career suicide.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Think it should be more - Specia fwy rie two dollah

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Yeahh apparently $50B is going to be pumped into the Chinese super league in the next 10 years.

Zenit about to receive a £70m for Hulk and Chelsea just rejected a £60m for Oscar.

Seems like they're targeting Brazillians after just getting Teixeira and Jo. They're ruining football ffs.
I think it's great for the league.

I would have packed Oscar's bags and paid for his flight if I was Abramovich anyway so I don't believe that.

Also your source about Hulk going for £70M comes from Goal.com that you tried to sly by changing the exchange rate from euros to pounds :rofl:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/11562/transfer-talk/2016/02/04/20011712/rumours-zenit-braced-for-91m-hulk-bid

Hulk seems like the kind of player to go to China though. My god this man is overpriced though.
The Chinese league are going HAM as ****
Spend money -->Buy Ramires --> ? --> take over the world.

I think they can be the new Brazilian league, a great feeder school for Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offered Madrid £200m for Ronaldo apparently.
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeahh apparently $50B is going to be pumped into the Chinese super league in the next 10 years.

Zenit about to receive a £70m for Hulk and Chelsea just rejected a £60m for Oscar.

Seems like they're targeting Brazillians after just getting Teixeira and Jo. They're ruining football ffs.

Surely Chelsea would have bit their hand off for £60M??
Depends if they can slowly develop their own players too.
Footballers in their prime like Teixera should feel embarrassed moving to a dud Chinese league. All they're showing is money comes first for them, not the game. I can understand the appeal of moving to LA or somewhere in the States when one is at the end of their career, but China? Really? Money-grabbing narcissists. Just watch Teixera and Ramires' careers flush down the drain now. Not that they'll care because of the extortionate amounts they're earning.

The Chinese obviously think they can just throw money at the world's top clubs and buy themselves a world-class league. Yeah, no - not gonna happen.
Original post by Everglow
Footballers in their prime like Teixera should feel embarrassed moving to a dud Chinese league. All they're showing is money comes first for them, not the game. I can understand the appeal of moving to LA or somewhere in the States when one is at the end of their career, but China? Really? Money-grabbing narcissists. Just watch Teixera and Ramires' careers flush down the drain now. Not that they'll care because of the extortionate amounts they're earning.

The Chinese obviously think they can just throw money at the world's top clubs and buy themselves a world-class league. Yeah, no - not gonna happen.

Ramires can at least say he's had a decent career, won the PL, CL, FA cup, Capital One Cup, Europa League. With Teixera the criticism is more justified.
Surprised Ramires is only 28. Seems to have been around for an eternity.
Original post by Nichrome
Ramires can at least say he's had a decent career, won the PL, CL, FA cup, Capital One Cup, Europa League. With Teixera the criticism is more justified.

Yeah Ramires did the right thing, as realistically if he was gonna leave Chelsea he'd be downgrading to a side chasing top 4, or just outside it and not winning trophies anyway. I'd go for the money as well tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Tell you what, that Ramires goal on his debut was great.

For every star player they are signing, they have players like Frank Nouble playing there ffs.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Surely Chelsea would have bit their hand off for £60M??

I know right but mabye because they weren't able to find a good replacement in Jan

Quick Reply

Latest