The Student Room Group

Did i cockblock myself? CRINGE

Went out on a second date with a girl i met online. It was a cinema date and it was quite empty. I held her hand once during the movie and she didn't mind. I didn't wanna make it too awkward so i pretended to stretch and stop holding hands. After this she crossed her arms so i couldn't really touch her again.

After the movie finished we spoke a little and then left. I then stupidly asked her if she wanted to make out (so ****ing cringe) and she responded by saying is it a serious question and i just smiled pathetically. She then mentioned we're just friends and so i left.

I've made it clear plenty of times that i wasn't interested in just friendship and she was all like i dunno what i want. I've honestly given up as its so hard to get laid these days.

What i wanna know is did i ever stand a chance or did i just blow my own ****ing leg off by asking such a retarded question? I honestly wanna hang myself now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably. I mean, if she seemed a little defensive (folding her arms) during the movie, perhaps she already had that "this isn't happening" mindset. The CCCCCRRRRRRIIINGGE that happened afterwards could've been the final nail in the coffin for her. I remember taking a girl to the cinema on a date once. It was horrible, the drinks holder just felt like a massive wall, and that If I tried to cross it, she'd just be creeped out. That's all I could think about during the movie, "how do i touch this grill". Plot twist: I should've just chilled the f*** out and enjoyed the movie.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but you should just take it as a lesson learned. Next time (there will be a next time, regardless of whether it's with her or not), just be more casual. Don't worry about making it awkward, worry about having a good time, chances are, it'll rub off on the lass you're with, and you'll BOTH have a good time. *thumbs up*
Reply 2
Maybe the problem is your mindset, "it's so hard to get laid these days"? Really, is that all your after? Sometimes we can pick up on it if a guy is just after getting his leg over.
I don't think cockblock is the right word to use.

Also, dates at the cinema are awkward. I think that they should be combined with something else for the exact reason that happened to you - awkwardly leaving after and not really being able to hold hands or kiss (both awkward things to do at a cinema!)

Also, don't ask. (There was a debate on TSR about asking to be kissed and whether it's right or not). But don't force yourself on her either - work your way up, start with smaller things and look for signals.

She said that you were just friends on a date? :hmmm: 💆

Maybe give it some time, then talk, and if all is well ask her out again.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Went out on a second date with a girl i met online. It was a cinema date and it was quite empty. I held her hand once during the movie and she didn't mind. I didn't wanna make it too awkward so i pretended to stretch and stop holding hands. After this she crossed her arms so i couldn't really touch her again.

After the movie finished we spoke a little and then left. I then stupidly asked her if she wanted to make out (so ****ing cringe) and she responded by saying is it a serious question and i just smiled pathetically. She then mentioned we're just friends and so i left.

I've made it clear plenty of times that i wasn't interested in just friendship and she was all like i dunno what i want. I've honestly given up as its so hard to get laid these days.

What i wanna know is did i ever stand a chance or did i just blow my own ****ing leg off by asking such a retarded question? I honestly wanna hang myself now.

she only wanted to watch the movie loool
I've honestly given up as its so hard to get laid these days.

If this is your attitude towards dating women, and it's nothing more than wanting to get laid, then this is your problem.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hezzlington
If this is the attitude towards dating women, and it's nothing more than wanting to get laid, then this is your problem.

This.

Should have just kissed her during the movie without asking
Bit of an awkward time to go in for the kiss, don't you think?
Go for a coffee next time. Walk somewhere pretty.

There's no room to woo her when your activity is sitting silently in front of a screen. Coffee is also cheaper and good practice because you seem to be lacking in social ability (no offence meant. Just being realistic here) and finally you aren't forced to be together for 2 hours.
(edited 8 years ago)
Bit of an awkward time to go in for the kiss, don't you think?

It's supposed to be a date, not an old ladies lunch party, OP needs to grow a pair
An old ladies lunch party sounds like a better environment for a date than a cinema.
An old ladies lunch party sounds like a better environment for a date than a cinema.

OP sounds like a wimp.

If she liked you enough to go on a second date with you then obviously she's interested in you. What would have been wrong with just leaning over and giving her a peck on the cheek?
Original post by The Arsonist
Go for a coffee next time. Walk somewhere pretty.

There's no room to woo her when your activity is sitting silently in front of a screen. Coffee is also cheaper and good practice because you seem to be lacking in social ability (no offence meant. Just being realistic here) and finally you aren't forced to be together for 2 hours.

He did say second date. But you're right. Cinema dates are traps. They are not good until you're pretty comfortable with the person already AND I would still suggest going to eat something after, or doing some other activity after. But eating as nice as then you have a nice opportunity to talk about the movie you just watched! But eating out is kinda high up there. Like, I wouldn't do that on a first or second date myself. So cinema too must be delayed until later.
What purpose is that supposed to serve? I don't know anybody who randomly kisses a girl on the cheek, especially during a date. Kiss on a cheek seems appropriate for a greeting/farewell, but during a movie? Slightly creepy. Might as well start licking her cheek whilst you're at it.

:tong:
What purpose is that supposed to serve? I don't know anybody who randomly kisses a girl on the cheek, especially during a date. Kiss on a cheek seems appropriate for a greeting/farewell, but during a movie? Slightly creepy. Might as well start licking her cheek whilst you're at it.

:tong:

It's a second date, yo, I would find it incredibly attractive if a man had the balls to do that to me on a second date. She clearly sensed his lack of confidence and bailed.
Original post by ivybridge
This.

If this is your attitude towards dating women, and it's nothing more than wanting to get laid, then this is your problem.

So ****ing true.

OP, if you want to get laid you need to make that explicitly obvious in your online dating profile. There sure are girls down for that. But they ain't really girlfriend material usually... But if that's all you want... Being honest is best. Or you are just wasting your time.
Original post by TorpidPhil

OP, if you want to get laid you need to make that explicitly obvious in your online dating profile.

Hahaha
Reply 18
Lmao.

Quit being a cuck.

Take a zinc supplement, probably your testosterone levels are very low.
Lmao bet you paid for the movie too. Stop being a sucker man, who asks someone if they wanna make out hahaha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending