The Student Room Group

Furthers maths as 4th AS subject????

Hi I'm currently choosing my AS SUBJECTS. I was planning on taking biology chem , maths and geography and then doping geography in year 12 but at my sixth form they aren't doing any AS subjects except in there in unreformed subjects (math further maths do and politics ) . They encourage students to do 4 Alevels in year 13 but I don't think I could cope with that. So if I chose geography I could to drop it in year 12 but I wouldnt get a grade but instead use mock results in year 12 as a reference.
A lot of medical schools ask for an AS along with your three Alevels so I've been considering instead taking bio chemical maths and further maths as I could do a AS in it and then drop in year 13. I do enjoy maths but I'm sure I could cope with 1/2 my lessons being maths. Also is it to a too similar combination ???Got any advice ???
As a medical applicant who has finished her A2s and have gone through the UCAS application process twice already, I feel I could safely say the 4th AS does not matter as long as you get at least a b in it (some universities only ask for a c) and that you take biology and chemistry to A2. I would advice you to go for what you think you will enjoy the most. I took both maths and further maths to A2 and I loved it, though further maths was a rather challenging subject for me and I spent bulk of my revision time on that. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you for the advice x😃 So did u so 4 A2s?
No problem, yes I did 4 A2s, the workload was challenging but still manageable :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest