The Student Room Group

first week of 2nd semester. how many lecture did you skip?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quantex
Because walking to university (40 mins each way for me) isn't particularly an efficient use of my time for a one hour lecture that becomes available as an audio/video recording 5 minutes after the lecture finishes. Which is why I missed one of my 16 hours of contact time this week.

Fair enough! I can understand your situation.
Original post by Roving Fish
They have to submit attendance registers to admin at UW for all compulsory lectures. That said in my third year, I've only got one module with a compulsory lecture every Wednesday and then the others have been as and when they need to call a session.

Oh wow... our lectures are only monitored if the lecturer specifically hands out a register - happened once in all of my lectures this semester and last, and he even gave us pre-warning...!
Original post by BlackSweetness
How can you spend 9k a year and then skip lectures?
Sounds mad to me

because it's not important and revising lecture slide and materials at home + seminars benefit me WAY MORE than attending useless lecture?
If I know the lecture is going to be rubbish, I don't go :lol: that counts for the majority of my lectures though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Next week is week 5 for me (all exams are in the summer) I've missed none- that said I have 3 hours of lectures a week and 15+ hours of my research project to do too
My attendance has been pretty terrible this semester because I've just been feeling ill all the damn time.
Reply 26
In four years I've skipped two lectures - one I was vomiting and the other I was at a flat viewing. Sure, I haven't always given my full attention, but I need to get my money's worth :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending