The Student Room Group

HELP! Should I take a third year of A Levels?

I have just recently discovered that most of the uni's that I have been looking at requires A level Maths for Computer Science despite me working towards an A Level in Computer Science. I am currently in the first year of A Levels (AS Levels) and I have no taken Maths. Should I take AS Maths alongside my A2 subjects next year and then do the Maths A2 in a third year in College. Or should I look for Uni's to take me without Maths but with Computer Science.
Original post by RMJ1999
I have just recently discovered that most of the uni's that I have been looking at requires A level Maths for Computer Science despite me working towards an A Level in Computer Science. I am currently in the first year of A Levels (AS Levels) and I have no taken Maths. Should I take AS Maths alongside my A2 subjects next year and then do the Maths A2 in a third year in College. Or should I look for Uni's to take me without Maths but with Computer Science.

Depends on the university you want to go to,but its preferable to take maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RMJ1999

If you're motivated enough you could easily finish the AS content during the summer holidays and start on the A2 with your A2's. Very do-able.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending