The Student Room Group

Parents of Jihadi Jack arrested after sending money to him to Syria

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Wasn't jihadi Jack there to do aid work or something like humanitarian work? I read it somewhere in the news. His family denied claims he was there to fight
that was a 'suggestion' of his parents - n doubt thats what he initially told them. but the reality was similar to most other uk converts, he was in an area with aa large muslim community, made muslim friends in school and they put certain ideas in his head, perhaps introducued him to the moqsue and people who eventually organised his entry into IS. i guess to a muslim, anyone quoting islamic scripitures forcibly enough and making comparisons to modern politics and make even killing shia and 'kuffar' seem like ' humanitarian work' - this si the danger islamist ideology poses and its spread to easily inlfuenced minds.
Original post by Reformed
Speaking to the BBC last week, Dr Sheikh Ramzy, director of the Oxford Islamic Information Centre, described their son as "very kind" and "always smiling", but said he had lost contact with him in 2014.He said: "All the people were fond of him. I taught him basic Islam, and how to pray, how to be kind, how to be a humanitarian... and how to be peaceful, because Islam is a religion of peace."He's not a Jihadist... he's been brainwashed. I can put my hand on my heart and say he's a very good, young lad."
mr Ramzy seems to suggest a Jihadist cant be brainwashed - when thats exactly what they are. i think he needs to re-think his mindset

Utterly blinkered. Non-terrorist muslims, especially those in a position of "authority" like this Ramzy, need to publically acknowledge that islam sometimes is the problem, that it does sometimes cause terrorism.

And why do the families of people who run away on a dumb jihad always insist they were lovely people, who were sensible, kind, and farted rainbows?
that was a 'suggestion' of his parents - n doubt thats what he initially told them. but the reality was similar to most other uk converts, he was in an area with aa large muslim community, made muslim friends in school and they put certain ideas in his head, perhaps introducued him to the moqsue and people who eventually organised his entry into IS. i guess to a muslim, anyone quoting islamic scripitures forcibly enough and making comparisons to modern politics and make even killing shia and 'kuffar' seem like ' humanitarian work' - this si the danger islamist ideology poses and its spread to easily inlfuenced minds.

Ah certainly wasn't aware of this
Reply 23
Original post by MildredMalone
Utterly blinkered. Non-terrorist muslims, especially those in a position of "authority" like this Ramzy, need to publically acknowledge that islam sometimes is the problem, that it does sometimes cause terrorism.

And why do the families of people who run away on a dumb jihad always insist they were lovely people, who were sensible, kind, and farted rainbows?

Family and friends of murderers, rapists etc. would most likely say the same thing about their loved one. It's not really surprising and there's nothing wrong with it.
Original post by thunder_chunky
What's the terrorist equivilent of Western Union?

many islamic organisations in uk ferry funds abroad under the guise of 'zakat'
Original post by HAnwar
Family and friends of murderers, rapists etc. would most likely say the same thing about their loved one. It's not really surprising and there's nothing wrong with it.

indeed the parents response was predictable in not understandable and its very possible he was a decent young man till he converted and got more political. his initial crime may have simply been mixing with the wrong ppl in and out of school

but whats the islamic imams excuse for trying to distract from reality?
(edited 8 years ago)
I feel like this isn't real and it's a joke ? Jihadi jack ffs the blokes English and white I doubt he'd be allowed to join ISIS considering they're killing shia's ect.
Original post by AlifunArnab
What does it look like I'm doing?

Why don't you read the article at the top? It clearly states he went to Islamic State to fight.

And last time I checked, IS are a terrorist organisation. Or did they do the Paris shootings for the bants?
Reply 28
Original post by Conservationofmass
I feel like this isn't real and it's a joke ? Jihadi jack ffs the blokes English and white I doubt he'd be allowed to join ISIS considering they're killing shia's ect.

Terrorist groups have wanted white people to join for ages. They'd draw far less attention and be more able to carry out terrorist attacks. A white British guy with a passport would be ideal to send back to carry out attacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen pictures of two white girls who ran off to join ISIS. Both of them were beaten to death while used as sex slaves.

In general as well, when they make their finger wagging vids, you have white French fighters.. That Jihadi Jack guy converted to Islam. It doesn't matter whether he's white or not. As long as you share the same, disgusting views as them then you're in the club. And in general, white jihadists are harder to suspect.
Reply 30
indeed the parents response was predictable in not understandable and its very possible he was a decent young man till he converted and got more political. his initial crime may have simply been mixing with the wrong ppl in and out of school

but whats the islamic imams excuse for trying to distract from reality?

How do you know he went there to fight and not for aid work?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Why don't you read the article at the top? It clearly states he went to Islamic State to fight.

And last time I checked, IS are a terrorist organisation. Or did they do the Paris shootings for the bants?

Another article on channel 4 stated that there is no evidence that he joined ISIS, with his parents claiming he went to do humanitarian work.

Where does it say that?
Original post by simbasdragon
Another article on channel 4 stated that there is no evidence that he joined ISIS, with his parents claiming he went to do humanitarian work.

If he really did go to do humanitarian work then in his pictures why is he near a dam in ISIS territory? And why did he change his name to a Muslim name?

Whoops just realised he converted. He claimed to go to Kuwait to study Arabic why would he go to Syria instead when he knows that you have ISIS?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlifunArnab
Where does it say that?

I'll rephrase. It clearly states that he is thought to have travelled to Fallujah (which is under IS). Why else would he go there for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
How do you know he went there to fight and not for aid work?

the various journalistic reports, intelligence, the evidence now given by parents, and indeed his own twitter statements.
what makes you think otherwise?

i assume your joking yes? apart from the propaganda gains IS see in converting white western muslims ( and therefore attracting more) they would be useful to them in operations in europe and usa.

even someone like you is aware there has been white muslims for a long time before IS, many of whom have gone on to get involved in terrorism - im sure per capita statistcs would show a white muslim in uk is more likely to be involed in terrorism than a brown muslim
Reply 37
the various journalistic reports, intelligence, the evidence now given by parents, and indeed his own twitter statements.
what makes you think otherwise?

Where's the actual evidence?
I'll rephrase. It clearly states that he is thought to have travelled to Fallujah (which is under IS). Why else would he go there for?

To help the civilians in need over there perhaps?
Original post by HAnwar
Where's the actual evidence?

hmmm... what i just posted?

and where is your evidence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending