The Student Room Group

Are My AS-level Predictions Feasible After My Mock Results ?

Hi,
This week I received my results from AS year 12 January mock exams and am thoroughly disappointed. Despite the fact I revised, I achieved a B in chemistry, a B in history, a C in Biology and a D in maths. I am predicted 4 A grades by the end of year 12 and have the ambition to study medicine and become a doctor. I was wondering if it is possible to turn my grades around to achieve my predictions and also any advice or tips anyone has on doing this, especially in the subjects I'm studying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Lol your predictions based on those mocks are definitely not realistic.
Original post by Xenon17
Lol your predictions based on those mocks are definitely not realistic.

Thank you for your honest opinion, I supose I will just have to study extra hard and see how close I can get to them!
(edited 8 years ago)
i got BDE in my year 12 mocks (granted, no revision) and got 3 As in the real thing, so I wouldn't worry too much about mock results - just make sure to work extra hard and your predictions are definitely possible.
You know they are not realistic, but your going to have to put that aside and work for AAAA.
Original post by mrsmeeseeks
i got BDE in my year 12 mocks (granted, no revision) and got 3 As in the real thing, so I wouldn't worry too much about mock results - just make sure to work extra hard and your predictions are definitely possible.

Thank you for your confidence booster, I am aware I could have done a lot better as my revision was no where nnear enough or as effective as it could be, and since then I have really been more motivated and spent a lot more hours going through my work as well as asking teachers for advice. Thanks again
Original post by whydoidothis?
You know they are not realistic, but your going to have to put that aside and work for AAAA.

This is very true, thank you for responding
I don't think its impossible.. I got UEDB in my mocks and I'm still aiming for 3A's and a B. You just need to believe in yourself and not let these results bring you down.. You can do it.. Good Luck :smile:
I don't really have any advice but I'm in exactly the same position as you: I want to do medicine but failed all my mocks basically. All I can say is the best of luck and hope that you get what you need :smile:
Original post by redisflawless13
I don't think its impossible.. I got UEDB in my mocks and I'm still aiming for 3A's and a B. You just need to believe in yourself and not let these results bring you down.. You can do it.. Good Luck :smile:

thank you so much for the support and motivation. Good luck to you too
Original post by Benjaminesapa
I don't really have any advice but I'm in exactly the same position as you: I want to do medicine but failed all my mocks basically. All I can say is the best of luck and hope that you get what you need :smile:

Best of luck to you , thank you for the support and hopefully we can both achieve our ambitions.
I don't think mocks are ever really that representative, as I've never done anywhere near as much revision for them than the real thing, i.e got a D in psychology mocks and homework throughout year 12 but got a high A in the actual exam. As long as you put a load of work in for the real thing, should be ok. They are a good opportunity to pinpoint what your doing wrong, especially with essay subjects like history - good luck for the real exams though :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending