The Student Room Group

Who fears death and how to pro long it

Who has the fear of death as it comes to us and how to live forever

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I do :frown:
I'm not scared of death, it's a part of life. Who wants to live forever anyway? Live a long, happy and fulfilled life through eating healthily, regular exercise and doing the things that make you happy :biggrin:
Well at the moment you can't live forever, but biological immortality is likely to be a reality someday.
Original post by Blondie987
I'm not scared of death, it's a part of life. Who wants to live forever anyway? Live a long, happy and fulfilled life through eating healthily, regular exercise and doing the things that make you happy :biggrin:

So if you knew you were about to die right noe you'd be like 'oh well I ain's scared of ****'. :rolleyes:
I do, but you eventually have to get out of this mindset and focus on making the most out of life's oppurtunities. The worst thing you can do is sit around moping all day..

:smile:
I dont fear death. I fear nothing.
Original post by kandykissesxox
I do, but you eventually have to get out of this mindset and focus on making the most out of life's oppurtunities. The worst thing you can do is sit around moping all day..

:smile:

Was the time before you were born really that bad?

If not why do you fear death?
Original post by greatguy70
So if you knew you were about to die right noe you'd be like 'oh well I ain's scared of ****'. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't like to go before my time, and I'm sure that on my death bed it'll be a scary thought but it's inevitable so there's no point worrying about it :smile:
There's no point in fearing something that is inevitable and totally beyond your control! :redface:

Instead, you should always strive to make make the most of each moment, and attempt to live a positive, happy life! :yes:
Most fear death. Even if you found a way of prolonging your life you'll still end up dying unless you understand everything there is to know in existence and are then capable of manipulating those things. I reckon the longer you live the more you'll come to accept death. Either that or you just forgot how terrifying it is.

How to prolong it? You're going to have to break a lot of rules in order to do that. The is question, are you prepared to do such a thing? I'd say your first step to stopping it would be mastering the sciences and mathematics.

If you really fear death so much why not devote your time to finding a way to prolong your life for as long as possible?
(edited 8 years ago)
Was the time before you were born really that bad?

If not why do you fear death?

Sorry what do you mean by, "the time before I was born really that hard?"
:s-smilie:

I fear death for countless reasons, it's inevitable.

I fear death not only for myself but for the ones I love. I just don't want them to die and I don't want to die myself and become nothing after that?

It just frightens me that someday I'll die and I'm not sure how.
I'm starting to think of final destination now..:redface:
(edited 8 years ago)

I fear death not only for myself but for the ones I love. I just don't want them to die and I don't want to die myself and become nothing after that?

Question, would you rather be killed but not be conscious when it happens or be killed while conscious?
I dont fear death. I fear nothing.

You fear being banned by the mods.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You fear being banned by the mods.

They may ban him, but they will never silence him :mad:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Well at the moment you can't live forever, but biological immortality is likely to be a reality someday.

What's more tricky, however, is combatting the madness that would accompany it. A factor that is often overlooked it seems.

Being dead is just like before you were born- just nothing.

Its nothing- you wont be happy, you wont be sad- there is just nothing. How can nothing be so bad?
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Question, would you rather be killed but not be conscious when it happens or be killed while conscious?

I would rather be conscious. I wouldn't want to have lived all those years (hopefull) to not know how death feels. That would be really pointless otherwise.

I've dreamt of death in my dreams but it's not the same..
Original post by frankieboy
What's more tricky, however, is combatting the madness that would accompany it. A factor that is often overlooked it seems.

Why would it necessarily induce madness?
Original post by frankieboy

Some might go mad indefinitely. Some might be mad for a couple of centuries than cool down. Some might never get bored with the endless possibilities that comes with living.

The real question is, what category do you think you fit in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending