The Student Room Group

Room in student village or rent a room in the city

I have a problem. When I had found out that universities gave me an offer, I started thinking about accomodaction. What do you think? Where do you live and what do you recomend?
Not entirely sure what you mean by a student village. Is it that your university is a closed campus and so all the accommodations are in like a little village? Or do you just mean accommodation in the city specifically for students? Because they're 2 very different scenarios.

Before you choose anywhere or sign anything first you need to make sure you can afford it. Do you know how much money you will be getting from student finance yet? Have your drawn up a yearly budget to make sure you can afford rent and food and any other expenses? Too many students go to uni not having a clue how to budget and end up maxing on their overdrafts because they didn't properly prepare.

After you have established what you can and can't afford think about the pros and cons of each type of accommodation (such as travel time to uni) and what exactly you're looking for in an accommodation. It's hard for me to elaborate further on this bit without knowing exactly what you're talking about.
Reply 2
Original post by SophieSmall
Not entirely sure what you mean by a student village. Is it that your university is a closed campus and so all the accommodations are in like a little village? Or do you just mean accommodation in the city specifically for students? Because they're 2 very different scenarios.

Before you choose anywhere or sign anything first you need to make sure you can afford it. Do you know how much money you will be getting from student finance yet? Have your drawn up a yearly budget to make sure you can afford rent and food and any other expenses? Too many students go to uni not having a clue how to budget and end up maxing on their overdrafts because they didn't properly prepare.

After you have established what you can and can't afford think about the pros and cons of each type of accommodation (such as travel time to uni) and what exactly you're looking for in an accommodation. It's hard for me to elaborate further on this bit without knowing exactly what you're talking about.

I mean accomodation in te city specifically for students. I don`t know how much money I will be getting. My advisor tell me that I will wait untill all universities will give me answear from my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending