The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jubba
i stuck ADSL coz i had no idea wat dey was on bout. all i saw was the word copper.

yeah copper being used for the telephone wires but it said a suitable cable used for transmitting high speeds and i cud only think of coaxial at the time
Reply 21
Jubba
i stuck ADSL coz i had no idea wat dey was on bout. all i saw was the word copper.

i thought it said "connection" not cable. i put adsl cus it had to be over 100kbps
Reply 22
endorf
i thought it said "connection" not cable. i put adsl cus it had to be over 100kbps

shit
Reply 23
DazzYaa711
shit

you might be right mate, i cant remember to be honest, maybe i read it wrong.
Reply 24
kez-man
anyone got a copy of the paper they can post up?

Might be able to get them tomorrow
Reply 25
endorf
you might be right mate, i cant remember to be honest, maybe i read it wrong.

yeh it did say connection
Reply 26
DazzYaa711
yeah copper being used for the telephone wires but it said a suitable cable used for transmitting high speeds and i cud only think of coaxial at the time

yeah me too, but i cant remember the questions as the paper was so fucking thick it was like 4 marks on one page
Reply 27
Tripple
yeah me too, but i cant remember the questions as the paper was so fucking thick it was like 4 marks on one page

nah man we lost a mark, it musta said connection
what people put for the last question about ATM WAN ?
Reply 29
scottyoneill
what people put for the last question about ATM WAN ?

pps for the lan: more efficient use of lines, and cost depends on the number of packets sent whereas with the ATM delivers high transfer speeds with error free communication and mentioned something about how it applied to the WAN
Reply 30
im pretty sure the answer was Ethernet for the connection

(ethernet is over that speed, and "ethernet connection", is a common term"
Reply 31
friday13th
im pretty sure the answer was Ethernet for the connection

(ethernet is over that speed, and "ethernet connection", is a common term"

heh so far we have had , two saying adsl, then you and ANOTHER person has said ethernet........ interesting, then again, it was one of the last questions so wat can you expect?
Reply 32
i put leased line it said conneciton not cable! Mod 4 was tough!! wat was the answer to that multiprogramming one cant remember the q exactly some 5 marker on batch something in multiprogramming systems...grrr a whole 5 marks lost there and wat did the algorithm do?!
I said fibre optic.....
No idea whether it was right or not, but i thought it was.
Reply 34
Iluvatar
I said fibre optic.....
No idea whether it was right or not, but i thought it was.

woooo we are kind of on the right lines....... i said coaxial and fibre optic and coaxial are linked CLOSELY for high data transmission

Go ILuvAtar!
DazzYaa711
woooo we are kind of on the right lines....... i said coaxial and fibre optic and coaxial are linked CLOSELY for high data transmission

Go ILuvAtar!

Yeah, i'm sure it was refering to the type of connection medium (cabling).
I don't think otherwise, they would have bothered with a Q on it, and it was only talking about the connection point between the LAN and the WAN, not the connection of the WAN from chile to the UK.
Reply 36
type of cable? I can't even remember such a question, lol..

In protocol question i think there is only one protocol covered in the book, so i put TCP/IP.

For NetworkId i put long MAC number, for IP address i just put the 233. etc without the port number at the end.

Gala question was terrible...well, it was easy, but a bit confusing, i've spend ages reading and rereading the given rules... in the end i got

1 to many
1 to many
1 to 1 (stroke-race) in each race swimmer can swim using one stroke
many to many

Overall, i thought that was easy, system flow diagram was so easy i couldn't believe they've given us that one. that's easy 8 marks, then sql 7 mark question was pathetic.. and the rest of the paper went smoothly.
Reply 37
Iluvatar
Yeah, i'm sure it was refering to the type of connection medium (cabling).
I don't think otherwise, they would have bothered with a Q on it, and it was only talking about the connection point between the LAN and the WAN, not the connection of the WAN from chile to the UK.

well if it did say connection, they will get a lot of complaints, because that does not imply the connection medium in any sense of the word. i know they talked about the cable but that was to make sure you only put a copper connection (eg. adsl) and not fibre optics (cable).
Reply 38
I put they could either use 10baseT ethernet or DSL for the WAN connection
Reply 39
DazzYaa711
what did u put for the type of cable used? coaxial?

I put Fiber Optics! That okay?

Latest

Trending

Trending