The Student Room Group

Is it to late because it's A2?

So I take maths biology and chemistry

I got Bs at AS and the first half of my A2 hasn't gone great studying wise I have been depressed which had left me unmotivated and not wanting to study at all

I feel better and much more motivated now but I'm behind on a lot of work for example I hadn't made notes for Chem unit four and maths I could've practiced more

Mocks didn't go great because mum was in hospital and I didn't revise anything

Can I redeem myself now for the real things in June ?

I have four months is it to late?

I'm basically planning on doing full on revision from now I want to know if there's a chance I can smash them. Does anyone have any tips ? Especially for Chem unit four I am struggling at that also what's the best revising tip for maths? I need ABB for uni but wouldn't mind all As obviously

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ohhelloloser

I got Bs at AS and the first half of my A2 hasn't gone great studying wise I have been depressed which had left me unmotivated and not wanting to study at all

I feel better and much more motivated now but I'm behind on a lot of work for example I hadn't made notes for Chem unit four and maths I could've practiced more

I'm basically planning on doing full on revision from now I want to know if there's a chance I can smash them. Does anyone have any tips ? Especially for Chem unit four I am struggling at that also what's the best revising tip for maths? I need ABB for uni but wouldn't mind all As obviously

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's definitely not too late! You can definitely pick it up from here and get the grades you want. For maths, do all of the past papers. Practise is the best way to revise for maths.

I'm sorry to hear about your mum, hope everything is okay now. :frown:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Study like you have never studied before.
Reply 3
For Chem unit 4 (it's organic a for me) learn all the mechanisms off be heart. I found that flash cards are really useful for this especially for remembering the conditions. And then just past paper like there is not tomorrow. And for me the most important thing is for each past paper make a list of what went wrong, and the corrections. These make really good last minute reading and stop you making the same mistake twice. Anything that goes wrong revise it extra hard. Maybe if you don't understand it try and read as many different sources of information as possible. I always end up with a stack of text books reading every single explanation until it goes in and sticks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by rayquaza17
It's definitely not too late! You can definitely pick it up from here and get the grades you want. For maths, do all of the past papers. Practise is the best way to revise for maths.

I'm sorry to hear about your mum, hope everything is okay now. :frown:

Thanks I just want there to be that chance I can ace them 🙃😑and thanks she's better however I would have to help a lot at home but prioritise revision more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Took
For Chem unit 4 (it's organic a for me) learn all the mechanisms off be heart. I found that flash cards are really useful for this especially for remembering the conditions. And then just past paper like there is not tomorrow. And for me the most important thing is for each past paper make a list of what went wrong, and the corrections. These make really good last minute reading and stop you making the same mistake twice. Anything that goes wrong revise it extra hard. Maybe if you don't understand it try and read as many different sources of information as possible. I always end up with a stack of text books reading every single explanation until it goes in and sticks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou some very helpful tips when did you start revision for all subjects and in particular unit four Chem also if you have completed your A levels what did you get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thankyou some very helpful tips when did you start revision for all subjects and in particular unit four Chem also if you have completed your A levels what did you get

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really bad at revising all at once , and normally end up watching game of thrones or something in the final month of exams. So to get round that I start making notes right at the beginning of September - more like copying up the stuff we've done in class than pure revision. I did my as levels last year and got AAAB I took all the sciences and maths and got my B in maths. I'm aiming to get maybe A*A*A this year but am fully aware that it probably won't happen. I'm going with the thought 'reach for the stars and you'll land on the moon' because what I really need is AAA. To be completely honest I haven't actually started full on revising CH4 yet. But I'll probably start soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Took
I'm really bad at revising all at once , and normally end up watching game of thrones or something in the final month of exams. So to get round that I start making notes right at the beginning of September - more like copying up the stuff we've done in class than pure revision. I did my as levels last year and got AAAB I took all the sciences and maths and got my B in maths. I'm aiming to get maybe A*A*A this year but am fully aware that it probably won't happen. I'm going with the thought 'reach for the stars and you'll land on the moon' because what I really need is AAA. To be completely honest I haven't actually started full on revising CH4 yet. But I'll probably start soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok cool lol I love game of thrones and its really addictive I made some notes in September but not all however when I make notes I kind of revise it at the same time and tru to memorise the basic parts but yeah for Chem four I didn't so planning on doing notes and revision till Easter and plan on doing all the past papers after that hopefully that will work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending