The Student Room Group

Risk of World War 3 as Saudi Arabia, Turkey – and Ukraine – wade into Syria

A terrifying array of rival superpowers are wading into the chaotic conflict on opposing sides.

Analysts now fear the bloodbath already longer than World War One is mutating into a full-scale regional war.

Saudi Arabia has threatened to send in ground troops and intelligence reports suggest Turkey is preparing to invade.

Ukraine is also weighing up sending in soldiers.

If their forces clashed with Russians or Iranians already on the ground, NATO including Britain could be dragged into an apocalyptic World War 3.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-plans-to-join-fight-against-isis-means-troops-could-come-up-against-russian-forces-in-syria-a6845336.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3432462/Moscow-claims-Turkey-planning-INVADE-Syria-discovering-hidden-preparations-armed-forces.html

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/world-war-3-rising-syria-point-no-return-2355639.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/492688/world-war-3-saudi-arabia-iran-turkey-iran-ukraine-ground-troops-syria-us-nato-nuclear

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/how-saudi-arabia-sending-ground-forces-into-syria-will-affect-the-civil-war-a6855871.html
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

tbh we should just step out of the entire situation - no bombings, no aid, no accepting refugees.
Original post by MildredMalone
tbh we should just step out of the entire situation - no bombings, no aid, no accepting refugees.

Oh be quiet, Tony blair and George Bush caused this mess, and the We have a duty to fix it!
Communist Kurds affiliated with the PKK are a threat to Turkey. They have every right to attack them and to prevent them from being able to launch attacks in Turkey.
We've been fearing World War 3 for over 50 years, I think I might take my chances.
Reply 5
maybe the quicker the better ...
Original post by BlackSweetness
Oh be quiet, Tony blair and George Bush caused this mess, and the We have a duty to fix it!

And how, exactly, would we fix it? What would it be like when it's fixed?
As long as there's money to be made from this whole charade, this'll never stop so just quit playing military analyst and get on with life. :yy:
Original post by MildredMalone
And how, exactly, would we fix it? What would it be like when it's fixed?

1) Create a no-fly zone over Syria and Iraq.

2) Arms embargo - No weapons in, weapons out. No weapon sales from us to any countries in the Middle East and we will not allow any transfer of weapons between any state in the region. Anyone contravening this order will find their weapons blown up and their brains blown out.

3) Zones marked for where each group has acquired territory and exercises control.

4) 6 month period of "population exchange" (i.e: where people are free to cross between territories without fear of being killed).

5) Establish an oversight committee for Syria and Iraq where representatives of the individual territories thrash out a deal as to how to co-operate/govern.

6) Return of Syrian/Iraqi refugees.
Wtf is ukraine doing there, I thought they had their own problems to deal with it.

Plus all the army's you mentioned are on the same side: NATO.
Reply 10
I don't support none of them
Reply 11
Russian and American pilots fought each other over Vietnam, the US threatened to nuke the USSR if it got involved in the Yom Kippur War, the USSR once thought NATO exercises were a prelude to a nuclear strike. None of these events led to World War Three, despite being far more integral to either countries interests. World War Three is not going to start over Syria.

That region has been a cluster**** for thousands of years, and will continue to be. Let's not pretend the nasty white man caused the fighting any more than we pretend he'll fix it.
the loonies of Daesh are aiming to have a final conflict at Dabiq in Syria, to fulfill their dumbass gameplan.
Original post by al_94
I don't support none of them

That sentence doesn't make sense.

If you don't support none if them, which one do you support?
There'll be no world war 3 so long as we don't actually shoot the Russians inside their borders. Iran may be allies with Russia but Russia won't nuke anybody for attacking it.

Too much paranoia.

Personally i fully support the occupation of Syria by UK forces and the giving away of the Golan Heights to Israel and Kurdish held territory to Iraqi Kurdistan.

Do you have evidence that the Arab Spring would not have occurred? The Civil War was ongoing even before ISIS took territory in Iraq.

Also i'd put money on you (like everybody else) whinging when the likes of Saddam commit genocide and we do nothing.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it breeds a lot of potential hypocrites (perhaps not you but a lot who agree with your position).
Reply 16
Original post by AlwaysWatching
That sentence doesn't make sense.

If you don't support none if them, which one do you support?

None of them I thought it is clear
How is this WW3?

The way the media prattles on about the middle east, you would think it's the only geographic area outside Europe and America.
Don't Ukraine have their own problems on their country,people are starving and have had homes destroyed
Original post by Mentally
Wtf is ukraine doing there, I thought they had their own problems to deal with it.

Plus all the army's you mentioned are on the same side: NATO.

Lol Ukraine are poor themselves. Their own country is in tatters

Quick Reply

Latest