The Student Room Group

What a levels should i take?

I really don't know what to take for a levels, i really need a plan of options for university and careers that i can use with my A levels as i feel i work so much better and confidently when i know what i'm doing. I have certain subjects i have an interest in but they don't seem to mix well or lead to any career in a way...

At the moment i want to take Psychology, Maths and Geography and feel like i'd really enjoy all of them but want to take a fourth as a backup because i didn't choose geography for GCSE but i'm still really interested in the course. I love humanities so am interested in history but i'm scared i won't be good enough as only predicted an A at GCSE and i know i'm going to have to work really hard, or otherwise there's RE with a good department that keep on top of you but i feel that its not considered as highly as others and seen as like general studies subject but i don't really know

Also, i took triple science for GCSE but don't have much interest in them and i hate all languages especially english so that's ruled out..

The only option i have at the moment is studying psychology at uni as i have a keen interest but again i've never studied it so really am desperate for some other options i could consider. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should take or what careers they can lead to as it would be so incredibly helpful
Original post by Charlotte_Ellis
I really don't know what to take for a levels, i really need a plan of options for university and careers that i can use with my A levels as i feel i work so much better and confidently when i know what i'm doing. I have certain subjects i have an interest in but they don't seem to mix well or lead to any career in a way...

At the moment i want to take Psychology, Maths and Geography and feel like i'd really enjoy all of them but want to take a fourth as a backup because i didn't choose geography for GCSE but i'm still really interested in the course. I love humanities so am interested in history but i'm scared i won't be good enough as only predicted an A at GCSE and i know i'm going to have to work really hard, or otherwise there's RE with a good department that keep on top of you but i feel that its not considered as highly as others and seen as like general studies subject but i don't really know

Also, i took triple science for GCSE but don't have much interest in them and i hate all languages especially english so that's ruled out..

The only option i have at the moment is studying psychology at uni as i have a keen interest but again i've never studied it so really am desperate for some other options i could consider. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should take or what careers they can lead to as it would be so incredibly helpful
This thread on choosing a level subjects might be helpful for you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3296869 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest