The Student Room Group

Can I do two EPQ's?

so, I'm currently in year 11 and on top of my GCSE's I've done one EPQ which is going in for level 3 (like they would in A-Level) and I was wondering if I can do more than one EPQ because one of the four sixth forms I've been accepted into only allow the students to do three subjects and one EPQ (their reasonings I have not researched into but I assume it's to do with upholding their averages and some university ****)
Original post by caitlinford3
so, I'm currently in year 11 and on top of my GCSE's I've done one EPQ which is going in for level 3 (like they would in A-Level) and I was wondering if I can do more than one EPQ because one of the four sixth forms I've been accepted into only allow the students to do three subjects and one EPQ (their reasonings I have not researched into but I assume it's to do with upholding their averages and some university ****)

No you'd only be able to do it once.
That's very strange they won't let you do four AS subjects...
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
No you'd only be able to do it once.
That's very strange they won't let you do four AS subjects...

Yeah I know right? They are one of the top school in my area so I'm wondering whether that is down to them only letting their students do three AS subjects because you'd be able to space your learning out more. It's kind of making me want to rule it out and go to one of the other sixth forms I've been accepted into. Plus if I can only do one EPQ and I'm doing it this year, I probably shouldn't go
Original post by caitlinford3
Yeah I know right? They are one of the top school in my area so I'm wondering whether that is down to them only letting their students do three AS subjects because you'd be able to space your learning out more. It's kind of making me want to rule it out and go to one of the other sixth forms I've been accepted into. Plus if I can only do one EPQ and I'm doing it this year, I probably shouldn't go

Actually after I posted this, I read this article http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=13715-A-student-s-guide-to-A-level-reforms and it looks like the government are only funding three AS subjects from now on?
Reply 4
Original post by rayquaza17
Actually after I posted this, I read this article http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=13715-A-student-s-guide-to-A-level-reforms and it looks like the government are only funding three AS subjects from now on?

Must be because they're getting harder, the government must have predicted it's more likely students will get three good grades as opposed to 4 average ones. Who knows, the government have a mind of their own
I think you should be able to, when I did mine in year 12 my supervisor said I could do a second one in year 13 if I wanted to, I would confirm it with the school though.

Quick Reply

Latest