The Student Room Group

Childcare grant?

Hi, I'm starting uni in September and I will be applying for the childcare grant. Can anyone tell me how many weeks per year will be covered by the grant? I can't find any information on it anywhere!
Reply 1
i need to know this to. I am doing a nursing degree from September xx
Reply 2
Hey
It covers the academic year
My academic year is 12th October 2015 to 9th October 2016.
I use childcare during the summer holidays too as I have to prepare for next year and do reading etc...Plus Xmas holidays and Easter. It won't start until the first day of uni but gives you a good amount of scope; bear in mind you only get £150 or so per week and anything you don't use will have to be paid back at a later date. Also the child providers don't normally include illness days when filling out the form which is a pain, as illness is something in- controllable !! Check the info on outline and sometimes the agents on sfe give you incorrect information.
Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by kss2660
Hey
It covers the academic year
My academic year is 12th October 2015 to 9th October 2016.
I use childcare during the summer holidays too as I have to prepare for next year and do reading etc...Plus Xmas holidays and Easter. It won't start until the first day of uni but gives you a good amount of scope; bear in mind you only get £150 or so per week and anything you don't use will have to be paid back at a later date. Also the child providers don't normally include illness days when filling out the form which is a pain, as illness is something in- controllable !! Check the info on outline and sometimes the agents on sfe give you incorrect information.
Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that's really helpful! I'll probably be sending him part time but it's a nightmare when you have no idea what the timetable will be!
Reply 4
Original post by Alice__90
Thank you, that's really helpful! I'll probably be sending him part time but it's a nightmare when you have no idea what the timetable will be!

You should contact the uni in advance and ask for a copy of your timetable. I did this when I was pregnant before I arrived and they were very helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by kjfr
You should contact the uni in advance and ask for a copy of your timetable. I did this when I was pregnant before I arrived and they were very helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your help, I'll definitely do that :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending