The Student Room Group

Becoming someone I don't like in a relationship

I have been with my boyfriend for just over 9 months now, we are both 17/18 and going to uni this year. At first everything was great, we were both very happy and in love and all that. Since Christmas though things have started to change, I'm starting to become paranoid and easily offended by things he says to me, even though I know he's joking, I feel like I'm becoming 'that girlfriend' that I never wanted to be and never have been before. I feel like he's losing interest because he only does caring/romantic things for me when I ask him to or when I'm upset with him for whatever reason. He's also forgetting a lot of important things about me and focusing a lot on himself, which is in no way a bad thing but the things that are important to me should be to him too right? I don't know what to do because I do love him but sometimes I worry he doesn't love me as much, and I'm going to end up getting hurt. But I don't want to ruin a perfectly good relationship and all our plans for the summer by me over thinking things(which I have a tendency to do). Any advice? Or relatable stories?
Reply 1
Why make it anonymous when you've made the exact same post under your username?
Try sitting down and talking to him rationally and calmly about how you feel. If he doesn't care when you've done that then it's time to end things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending