The Student Room Group

IB Extended Essay Titles

Hi, I'm applying for Economics at university in the UK, and I have to write a 4000 word essay on a topic of my choice. Since I want to study Economics later on, I decided it would be best to write an essay on it. I was thinking of writing about the effects of taxation in different countries, the economics behind a stock market, or maybe the monopolisation of specific market and its effects (like OPEC). Does anyone here who has done this before have any advice for me, or any suggestions for a good topic and title? Thank you very much
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Reply 2
Moved to IB.
What you are thinking of doing for taxation is too broad and you will go well above 4000 if you write a good essay and a not so good essay if you make 4000. A good EE title for economics is simple but direct. For taxation, a good title would go along the lines of 'To what extent does the effect of taxation on the X industry decrease negative consumption externalities (or whatever)'. For a theory of the firm EE, I would say a good title would be close to this: 'To what extent does the characteristics of (a particular market structure) resemble (your chosen market)'. Here is an excellent example for a theory of the firm EE (http://www.itseducation.asia/dried-seafood-hong-kong.htm).

Hope that helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending