The Student Room Group

need help with widwifery subjects!

hi,
could someone please tell me what subjects I should do for the job midwifery, or what you did.i am going to college this year, and would like to get a high level in the subjects I need, so I can study. thanks :smile:
Going to move this to the Midwifery forum so you can get informed responses there. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Black Rose
Going to move this to the Midwifery forum so you can get informed responses there. :smile:

Reply 3
I'm on my second cycle of applying to midwifery and got all 5 interviews this year (very rare with such a competitive subject). The A levels I chose were Health & Social Care, Business Studies and Philosophy and Ethics and I got ABB. I also have an AS in biology.

It depends which university you want to apply to as well. Some will specify a full A level in either bio, Chem or physics. Some will have a list of subjects which you must have at least one of at a certain grade (health is almost always on that list and sometimes philosophy). Above all though, you need to research universities you want first and then go from there. Also definitely get some work experience in soon otherwise even if you get all A's, unis won't touch you. I volunteer on a postnatal ward weekly and also spent a week with a community midwife and in an antenatal ward. Good luck x
Reply 4
Original post by LC1996
I'm on my second cycle of applying to midwifery and got all 5 interviews this year (very rare with such a competitive subject). The A levels I chose were Health & Social Care, Business Studies and Philosophy and Ethics and I got ABB. I also have an AS in biology.

It depends which university you want to apply to as well. Some will specify a full A level in either bio, Chem or physics. Some will have a list of subjects which you must have at least one of at a certain grade (health is almost always on that list and sometimes philosophy). Above all though, you need to research universities you want first and then go from there. Also definitely get some work experience in soon otherwise even if you get all A's, unis won't touch you. I volunteer on a postnatal ward weekly and also spent a week with a community midwife and in an antenatal ward. Good luck x

Omg thankyou soooo much, this helped me loads. Atleast I now know what to do, thanks again! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending