The Student Room Group

My Goals 2016!

So now is the countdown for my AS exams and I am excited while also extremely stressed. I study Business, Law, Philosophy and Ethics, Applied ICT and World Development. All my targets are B's but I want A's!

AQA recently decided it was a good idea to change the specification on some of my courses such as business so whatever grade I now get at AS level counts as NOTHING towards my A2. I need at least a D to progress onto A2 but if I get an A or B then I am confident I will be able to get the same at A2. My weakness lies in applying knowledge and analysing which is a key skill needed in business in order to get high marks. I simply cannot do it so I welcome any hints or tips on how to get better at this.

Wish me luck!
Original post by 123Beaverboy
So now is the countdown for my AS exams and I am excited while also extremely stressed. I study Business, Law, Philosophy and Ethics, Applied ICT and World Development. All my targets are B's but I want A's!

AQA recently decided it was a good idea to change the specification on some of my courses such as business so whatever grade I now get at AS level counts as NOTHING towards my A2. I need at least a D to progress onto A2 but if I get an A or B then I am confident I will be able to get the same at A2. My weakness lies in applying knowledge and analysing which is a key skill needed in business in order to get high marks. I simply cannot do it so I welcome any hints or tips on how to get better at this.

Wish me luck!

It's not just AQA, all exam boards. It's the a-level reforms that started Sept 2015, so you won't be the only person in that situation, all my subjects are this way! Good luck with your blog and your grade goals. :h:
Finally someone who does World Development.
Reply 3
Original post by Black Rose
It's not just AQA, all exam boards. It's the a-level reforms that started Sept 2015, so you won't be the only person in that situation, all my subjects are this way! Good luck with your blog and your grade goals. :h:

Thanks for the reply. I'm so glad someone is in the same situation as me it is so stressful can't stand government reforms XD
Reply 4
Original post by Kholmes1
Finally someone who does World Development.

I know I don't know many people doing the subject either. I don't really like it but it's my enrichment subjects so gets me more points for uni.
Original post by 123Beaverboy
I know I don't know many people doing the subject either. I don't really like it but it's my enrichment subjects so gets me more points for uni.

Yeah. I wanted to do Geography but for some reason when confirming what options you wanted to do Geography was removed from the list either because there was no teacher or not enough people wanted to do it. So that was the closest thing.

Although if there wasn't enough people wanting to do geography, it doesn't really make sense as pretty much all people in the World dev class was going to do Geography.
Reply 6
Original post by Kholmes1
Yeah. I wanted to do Geography but for some reason when confirming what options you wanted to do Geography was removed from the list either because there was no teacher or not enough people wanted to do it. So that was the closest thing.

Although if there wasn't enough people wanting to do geography, it doesn't really make sense as pretty much all people in the World dev class was going to do Geography.

I thought it would be interesting I didn't even consider geography God knows why I hadn't studied it since year 9 so I had forgotten all about it I got a nasty surprise on my first lesson 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending