The Student Room Group

Jobs for a 16 year old?

Hi everyone, I really want a job so I can earn a bit of money to pay for my tuitions and the numerous clubs I go to. I don't really know what jobs I could do. I'm too young for most of them. I don't really want a job as a barista but at the moment this is the only option I see. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? I'm probably too young to do any sort of tutoring but I have seen some sixth formers do it. Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you :smile:
Original post by dee08
Hi everyone, I really want a job so I can earn a bit of money to pay for my tuitions and the numerous clubs I go to. I don't really know what jobs I could do. I'm too young for most of them. I don't really want a job as a barista but at the moment this is the only option I see. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? I'm probably too young to do any sort of tutoring but I have seen some sixth formers do it. Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you :smile:

I actually posted a thread about this a few weeks ago!
I feel that at the moment the best thing to do would be to search around in the catering industry, Starbucks or McDonanlds.
Also if you're tech savvy perhaps try a phone shop like three?
Finally I hear that Fat Face recruits younger people, maybe try there?
Reply 2
Original post by dee08

Retail's usually a good option when you're under 18 :h: there's quite a few 16 and 17 year-old girls who I work with in the checkout dept. at Sainsbury's

It's hardly an exciting job, but it pays ok and supermarkets are always used to having younger employees :cute:
Reply 3
I would suggest applying for a job in sainsburys or tesco part time, I know a few people who work there and they said the pay is really good and it's easy work! Hope that answered your question
Sainsbury's, McDonalds, Tesco, SportsDirect, M&S, Next, Costa, Poundland, KFC, Beales, Wilko etc etc

There are loads of places that will take 16 year olds, look on their websites, and if there isn't anything showing there's no harm in asking in the store.
Original post by omearatho
Sainsbury's, McDonalds, Tesco, SportsDirect, M&S, Next, Costa, Poundland, KFC, Beales, Wilko etc etc

There are loads of places that will take 16 year olds, look on their websites, and if there isn't anything showing there's no harm in asking in the store.

I agree.
Also try for waitressing jobs at restaurants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending