The Student Room Group

Racist Bus Driver?

Like 2 weeks ago I lost my oyster card I think it fell out my jacket pocket without me realizing so i've been walking to school. So on Friday I have to go to school early because I have morning intervention so I thought i'm kinda running late so I saw a bus coming and in my head I was thinking I have to get this bus or I might be late. So, I get on the bus and i'm like to the driver "Ayy boss man I lost my bus pass but a new one is coming in 2 weeks" then he starts looking at me (he was white as well) and he was just like "Alright but without your pass you can't get on" and then I was like "But it's coming in 2 weeks" then he was like "You still can't get on" then I just pointed to the door and he noded and I got off and had to walk.

The funny thing is last time when it was a black driver and I explained the same story to him and he was just like "Make sure you get your oyster" then he let me on.
Is there some sort of racism involved in this?

Scroll to see replies

You can get an oyster card instantly from any tube station. Just a **** excuse.
No pay no ride. What's racist about that?
:facepalm:
You should have used an adult oyster for a few days
Thats what i did when i lost mine
Or you can walk it:colonhash:
Reply 4
He is not racist. He is doing his job. Stop misinterpreting the word racism. You are just paranoid.
Reply 5
Original post by bardnnyc
He is not racist. He is doing his job. Stop misinterpreting the word racism. You are just paranoid.

But a black driver let me in when I explained to him the same story.
Original post by 0lut0

The black driver just wasn't very good at his job.
Original post by 0lut0

believe it or not, not all bus drivers are the same.
Original post by 0lut0
Some bus drivers are nicer than others
Reply 9
Original post by 0lut0
Like 2 weeks ago I lost my oyster card I think it fell out my jacket pocket without me realizing so i've been walking to school. So on Friday I have to go to school early because I have morning intervention so I thought i'm kinda running late so I saw a bus coming and in my head I was thinking I have to get this bus or I might be late. So, I get on the bus and i'm like to the driver "Ayy boss man I lost my bus pass but a new one is coming in 2 weeks" then he starts looking at me (he was white as well) and he was just like "Alright but without your pass you can't get on" and then I was like "But it's coming in 2 weeks" then he was like "You still can't get on" then I just pointed to the door and he noded and I got off and had to walk.

The funny thing is last time when it was a black driver and I explained the same story to him and he was just like "Make sure you get your oyster" then he let me on.

If anything this post is racist, because it makes light of those who suffer from real racism

Posted from TSR Mobile
You may want to work on your English language, both spoken and written.
Original post by 0lut0

Some drivers have sympathy, some follow the rules, their race is of no influence here, and I'm sure if you had approached it differently, e.g saying 'sorry, I lost my oyster and I'm waiting for a replacement, can I go a few stops to school?'
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Limpopo
You may want to work on your English language, both spoken and written.

That's how everyone speaks around my area.
I once had an actual racist bus driver on our school bus.

He referred to Black people as monkeys, I was shocked and appalled.
Original post by 0lut0
That's how everyone speaks around my area.

I know what you mean and im far from perfect myself but looking forward, its important to be able to present yourself in the best light to people such as future employers. Future employers are likely to be boring old farts like myself.
Reply 15
If anything in this scenario you are the racist one.
Reply 16
Original post by joecphillips
If anything in this scenario you are the racist one.

How?, I just asked to get on the bus.
Original post by 0lut0

Because you think the bus driver is racist because he didnt give you special treatment than to the other people on the same bus who had to pay. You're not entitled, stop using the racism card.
Reply 18
Original post by Reader106
Because you think the bus driver is racist because he didnt give you special treatment than to the other people on the same bus who had to pay. You're not entitled, stop using the racism card.

But i'm under 16 my oyster is free.
Reply 19
Original post by 0lut0

Not at that point posting on here with the thread title not every little thing someone does is because of racism but you are essentially saying someone did something I didn't like he is a different race it was racism.

Quick Reply

Latest