The Student Room Group

Social work placements - Reimbursing travel expenses

I am a social work student on placement in a statutory team. The requirement by the University is that students will be; just like the employees including locum workers, get back their travel expenses incurred whilst on placement visits. This varies as each local authority and team can decide whether to reimburse. Some managers have refused to do so although some managers are happy to reimburse. This seems quite unfair as there are some students who are struggling and out of pocket whilst learning. I wonder what everyone's experiences are.
Hi

I've moved your thread to our social work forum, as I think you're more likely to get replies from other social work students here.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Hi

I've moved your thread to our social work forum, as I think you're more likely to get replies from other social work students here.

Thank you
Original post by MJ-BOY
Thank you

In the meantime while you're waiting for replies, is there anyone at the uni you could talk to- for example the member of staff in charge of placements or your personal tutor. If not being reimbursed is causing you financial hardship, you could also speak to student/financial services.
Reply 4
We have had this discussion with Practice Educators and Tutors but managers are not budging....there are cuts everywhere and this is a contributing factor. I just wanted a discussion with students who are on placement. Some may get the expenses repaid whilst others are not.

Quick Reply

Latest