The Student Room Group

Struggling to see a future in my LDR

Ive been in a LDR for about a year now but my feelings are fluctuating a lot recently and I'm confused. I'm actually seeing him next week (we try to see eachother every 3 months) but somehow we just don't feel right anymore. We've been skyping a lot less recently (because of internet restrictions), and we both have such busy lives that we barely find the time to text. I don't feel like we make a lot of effort anymore.
I feel like my relationship is doomed and that I'm missing out on experiencing a normal relationship, but I love him and don't want to hurt him. Is it worth me sticking it out and seeing what happens? :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been in a LDR for about a year now but my feelings are fluctuating a lot recently and I'm confused. I'm actually seeing him next week (we try to see eachother every 3 months) but somehow we just don't feel right anymore. We've been skyping a lot less recently (because of internet restrictions), and we both have such busy lives that we barely find the time to text. I don't feel like we make a lot of effort anymore.
I feel like my relationship is doomed and that I'm missing out on experiencing a normal relationship, but I love him and don't want to hurt him. Is it worth me sticking it out and seeing what happens? :frown:

you should talk to him about it.
Original post by Anonymous

Do you have plans to live together or move closer to each other?
Reply 3
Original post by rayquaza17
Do you have plans to live together or move closer to each other?

I'm going to uni soon and plan to go to one quite close to where he lives, as he already has a job and it would make more sense. I think if that happens, we'd be ok, but of course I can't guarantee which uni I end up going to. On the other hand I'm not sure if this is sensible because I might make an important decision based on him and not my future career :/

Original post by Foo.mp3
If I had any doubts whatsoever in a LDR I would abort. It's the most responsible thing to do all round in my view

I'm worried that it's the distance and lack of seeing him that's confusing me, not him as a person :frown: I don't want to make a mistake and end it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending