The Student Room Group

What is your definition of love?

Literally like the title says, what's your definition of love?

Mine is that it's mutual. I truly believe that you cannot be in love with someone else they love you back, otherwise it's infatuation. I believe that it's selfless, that you only want the best for the other person, that you only want their happiness and wellbeing and you'd put your own happiness on the line for theirs.

I believe you look at the other person with admiration, you think they're perfect (even though you know they have flaws, but you accept those flaws). They inspire you to become better, and you just want to spill your heart out to them and trust them with everything.

I think that's what love is. What do you think?
I think it's when you really like the other person and you say nice things to them, you do nice things for them and you always think about them, you miss them a lot and you hate being away from them. You want to spend lots of time with them. Their happiness becomes so important to you. And you'd be willing to make a huge effort for them, eg drive huge distances to see them, walk huge distances for them, spend all your money and time on them, be there for them at all times to make them happy. That's what love is. I've never been loved so I don't know how it feels to be loved, but I know how it feels to give out love and to treat others really nicely and like a princess.
A polite and fake way to name sex. Just like god,honesty,peace,solidarity,love is an empty word invented by humans to look better but it doesn't exist in reality. We just want sex
Original post by study101
Literally like the title says, what's your definition of love?

Mine is that it's mutual. I truly believe that you cannot be in love with someone else they love you back, otherwise it's infatuation. I believe that it's selfless, that you only want the best for the other person, that you only want their happiness and wellbeing and you'd put your own happiness on the line for theirs.

I believe you look at the other person with admiration, you think they're perfect (even though you know they have flaws, but you accept those flaws). They inspire you to become better, and you just want to spill your heart out to them and trust them with everything.

I think that's what love is. What do you think?

It can't be. Even mafia bosses claim to 'love' despite they're not honest and to be admired. Love doesn't exist, we just want sex and the questions about it prove its inexistance like god
When she lets you do her in the bum without you having to beg her first :love:
Shrek is love...
@Ethereal World, where's that quote at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending