The Student Room Group

Some messages of support?

So this is my first ever post here (forgive me if it's in the wrong place)...

Right now my girlfriend is in her 4th year of a tough sciences degree, studying toward becoming a vet. Right now it's midterms, so she's pulling constant all-nighters, missing out on vacations and breaking contact with friends, all in preparation for these exams.

We're living in separate countries and, while I work for a living, I've never worked toward a university degree. I try be as supportive as I can but this usually leads to a fast skype convo/text saying 'good luck'

I thought it would be really cool to have some messages of support from you battle-hardened studentroom users that have been through (or are going through!) the university meat-grinder and survived. Any feedback would be fantastic but ESPECIALLY anyone that's done the full 8 years worth of study to become a vet/doctor.I leave it in your hands, help me show my gf people are cheering her on and there's light at the end of the tunnel!
Original post by DJNINJATURTLE
So this is my first ever post here (forgive me if it's in the wrong place)...

Right now my girlfriend is in her 4th year of a tough sciences degree, studying toward becoming a vet. Right now it's midterms, so she's pulling constant all-nighters, missing out on vacations and breaking contact with friends, all in preparation for these exams.

We're living in separate countries and, while I work for a living, I've never worked toward a university degree. I try be as supportive as I can but this usually leads to a fast skype convo/text saying 'good luck'

I thought it would be really cool to have some messages of support from you battle-hardened studentroom users that have been through (or are going through!) the university meat-grinder and survived. Any feedback would be fantastic but ESPECIALLY anyone that's done the full 8 years worth of study to become a vet/doctor.I leave it in your hands, help me show my gf people are cheering her on and there's light at the end of the tunnel!

"You're going to do so much good when you get your degree :biggrin:"
Reply 2
Send her flowers with a note
Her quality of work is her patients' quality of life (or will be, soon :wink: ). She's not studying for exams, she's studying because one day she'll be the only thing between a patient and a grave. It's gonna be worth it in the end :h:
Reply 4
^^ absolutely that. It's going to be her life - and other people's!

So aside from not vanishing I don't think there's much you can do beyond letting her know you're supportive. Send her a card or a small gift, write a letter or a long email. During my own mad study sprees I always appreciated little things like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest