The Student Room Group

TV/Netflix Recommendations

Finished Prison Break, and want something new to watch :smile:
Recommendations?

Scroll to see replies

Colony. Just after three episodes its been renewed for a 2nd season. At the moment theres only 4 episodes out of 10+ the 2nd season (Not sure if there will be more than 2) Also it has Sarah Wayne Callies whos from Prison Break. (I have never seen prison break nor the walking dead and I don't know why people don't like her characters, I love her on this.)

Also if you have seen lost, Josh Holloway is on it, if you haven't you should watch it.

But Colony isn't on Netflix.

Chuck is very good.
Reply 2
american horror story
Original post by Kholmes1
Colony. Just after three episodes its been renewed for a 2nd season. At the moment theres only 4 episodes out of 10+ the 2nd season (Not sure if there will be more than 2) Also it has Sarah Wayne Callies whos from Prison Break. (I have never seen prison break nor the walking dead and I don't know why people don't like her characters, I love her on this.)

Also if you have seen lost, Josh Holloway is on it, if you haven't you should watch it.

But Colony isn't on Netflix.

Chuck is very good.

I second Chuck, it's awesome.

If you're into comedy, try the first few seasons of Community and Brooklyn Nine-Nine is funny too :-)
Original post by hxfsxh
Recommendations?

Looking through Netflix's TV list, any of these are awesome. What sort of shows do you like?

House of Cards
Breaking Bad
Narcos
Sherlock
Orange is the New Black
House
Archer
Luther
American Horror Story
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Fargo
Skins
Firefly
The Mighty Boosh
Second Brooklyn Nine Nine, fave show along with Parks and Recreation which is a similar show. If you're more of a fan of 'British' humour, try An Idiot Abroad.
I'll basically watch anything xD
I've watched Breaking Bad and didn't really get into it. I've started Skins, and I think I might start OITNB :tongue:
Original post by hxfsxh
I'll basically watch anything xD
I've watched Breaking Bad and didn't really get into it. I've started Skins, and I think I might start OITNB :tongue:

You should watch (In my opinion) )(I would just update my old post but ill make a new one)

Chuck, (All 5 seasons on Netflix)

Lost (Very good if you haven't seen it already)

Once Upon A Time ( I like it, 5 seasons so far, but made by the same people as lost and theres quite alot of references, so I would recommend watching that first)

Heroes/ Heroes Reborn (Loads of people say that after the first season it went downhill and heroes reborn wasn't that good. In my opinion heroes reborn was my favourite.)

Colony: Like I said above.

24: Depends if you like that type of thing. 9 seasons so.. Plus they are making another one which doesn't seem that good considering it doesn't have Kiefer Sutherland.
Original post by hxfsxh
Recommendations?

Narcos
You should watch (In my opinion) )(I would just update my old post but ill make a new one)

Chuck, (All 5 seasons on Netflix)

Lost (Very good if you haven't seen it already)

Once Upon A Time ( I like it, 5 seasons so far, but made by the same people as lost and theres quite alot of references, so I would recommend watching that first)

Heroes/ Heroes Reborn (Loads of people say that after the first season it went downhill and heroes reborn wasn't that good. In my opinion heroes reborn was my favourite.)

Colony: Like I said above.

24: Depends if you like that type of thing. 9 seasons so.. Plus they are making another one which doesn't seem that good considering it doesn't have Kiefer Sutherland.

I think I might go for Once Upon A Time- I've heard it's really good
Original post by hxfsxh
I think I might go for Once Upon A Time- I've heard it's really good

It is! It comes back in exactly one month. Our of curiosity have you ever seen lost?
It is! It comes back in exactly one month. Our of curiosity have you ever seen lost?

No. I haven't heard of it before.
Original post by hxfsxh
No. I haven't heard of it before.

Oh. Thats quite interesting. Most people have Heard of it. I would recommend looking it up, made by the same people as OUAT. Once Upon a time has quite a lot of lost references.
On a scale of 1-10 how heartbroken were you at the end of Prison Break?
Oh. Thats quite interesting. Most people have Heard of it. I would recommend looking it up, made by the same people as OUAT. Once Upon a time has quite a lot of lost references.

Ohh. After having googled 'Lost'- yes, I have heard of it, I just didn't make the connection between the title and what it was about xD
Original post by childofthesun
On a scale of 1-10 how heartbroken were you at the end of Prison Break?

About 8/9 :biggrin:
This is my kinda thread:

- Mr. Robot
- Breaking Bad
- Scandal
- Suits
- Sherlock
- Arrow
- Daredevil
- Flash
- Luther
- Orange is the new black
- Heroes
- Lost (gotta warn you though, you WILL have unanswered questions at the end)
- The office US & UK ( hilarious)

if you're into anime (or even if you're not this is worth watching) and want something short try death note and attack on titan.
Original post by TheGreatImposter
This is my kinda thread:

- Mr. Robot
- Breaking Bad
- Scandal
- Suits
- Sherlock
- Arrow
- Daredevil
- Flash
- Luther
- Orange is the new black
- Heroes
- Lost (gotta warn you though, you WILL have unanswered questions at the end)
- The office US & UK ( hilarious)

if you're into anime (or even if you're not this is worth watching) and want something short try death note and attack on titan.

Ooo, I love Arrow!
I never got into anime 😂
Original post by hxfsxh
Ooo, I love Arrow!
I never got into anime 😂

Attack on titan is 25 episodes, each episode is very short and it's action filled. You can always try it and if you don't like it you don't have to watch it. And arrow is awesome, stephen amell is hottttt
I love loads of tv shows but Mr Robot was brilliant :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest