The Student Room Group

NCS

Hey, I've been accepted to go in August to the NCS 3 weeks.
I'm going on the following dates:
Week 1: 11 Aug to 15 Aug
Week 2: 18 Aug to 22 Aug
Week 3: 23 Aug to 28 Aug

I don't really know what to expect so if anyone has any has experienced it please let me know anything I should.
IS ANYONE GOING ON THE SAME DATES?
Hey,

I went in 2013 and I can honestly say that NCS had to be one of the best experiences of my life (no lie - and what I'm saying isn't even sponsored! :wink:) I was able to jump off waterfalls, go kayaking, make new friends and experience new things i.e. I did a media project where I spoke one-to-one with single mothers under the age of 18 who had been abandoned/kicked out of their homes because they fell pregnant.

I went immediately after my GCSEs, and it honestly is a tiring few weeks!

Don't worry about not knowing anyone because you have many ice breaker activities and you stay in accommodation and familiarise yourself with your team (of up to 12 people) who you'll be doing The Challenge with.

From the bottom of my heart, I wish I was able to go on NCS again - it was THAT fun haha!
If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just quote me by clicking thebutton and I'll try to help you out as soon as possible.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I have applied to NCS for the coming summer and to be honest, I am really nervous. But the only thing I am nervous about is 'rock climbing.' I really don't like it, mostly because I can't do it very well and I get embarrassed when I can't, especially in front of other people. Would they let me opt out of doing it? Also, I am in programme 6 this summer so is there a way I could find out what activities I am doing? Is there rock climbing in every programme or do the activities vary?
Thanks for the help :smile:

Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hey,

I went in 2013 and I can honestly say that NCS had to be one of the best experiences of my life (no lie - and what I'm saying isn't even sponsored! :wink:) I was able to jump off waterfalls, go kayaking, make new friends and experience new things i.e. I did a media project where I spoke one-to-one with single mothers under the age of 18 who had been abandoned/kicked out of their homes because they fell pregnant.

I went immediately after my GCSEs, and it honestly is a tiring few weeks!

Don't worry about not knowing anyone because you have many ice breaker activities and you stay in accommodation and familiarise yourself with your team (of up to 12 people) who you'll be doing The Challenge with.

From the bottom of my heart, I wish I was able to go on NCS again - it was THAT fun haha!
If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just quote me by clicking thebutton and I'll try to help you out as soon as possible.
It's amazing and has really helped my this year when having stuff to talk about in interviews, definitely something everyone should do before you miss your chance!
Reply 4
Hey,
I graduated from NCS in 2014 and volunteered last summer, 2015. In my honest opinion, it is a very valuable, worthwhile way to spend your holidays.
Regarding the activities, each provider has a different set of activities they make you do for eg i had to do Jacobs ladder, canoeing whereas others might do rock climbing. As far as i know, i did opt out of raft building & it wasnt much of a big deal tbh.

Hope u enjoy ur time during summer, & if u do have about questions about how it works u can PM me
Many people loose their virginity there, so thats maybe something to look forward to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending