The Student Room Group

Help with entry to medicine

hi want to hopefully apply to do medicine but am aware my gcse grades are not amazing but this was due to a family issue involving the local authority(police) during my gcse .If I mention this would I will be able to apply.My gcse result are 5As 2B hopfully 2 B form math and English retaking because of obtaining c grade. Thank to anyone who can help me with this
Reply 1
Original post by brithday
hi want to hopefully apply to do medicine but am aware my gcse grades are not amazing but this was due to a family issue involving the local authority(police) during my gcse .If I mention this would I will be able to apply.My gcse result are 5As 2B hopfully 2 B form math and English retaking because of obtaining c grade. Thank to anyone who can help me with this

Its okay to mention as long as you don't include your wrongdoings, if any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
No it wasn't my wrongdoing it was a member of my family but will they consider me despite my average grades
Reply 3
thank s to the reply
If you apply to appropriate places it shouldn't be a problem. Avoid anywhere that weights GCSE grades significantly, some courses give the highest weighting to A Levels and admissions test. Ideally you should apply to places where you could counteract the GCSE grades with a high UKCAT or BMAT and/or A* at A Level. I didn't apply to A100 but maybe someone else could give you specific uni names.
Reply 5
Original post by Quilverine
If you apply to appropriate places it shouldn't be a problem. Avoid anywhere that weights GCSE grades significantly, some courses give the highest weighting to A Levels and admissions test. Ideally you should apply to places where you could counteract the GCSE grades with a high UKCAT or BMAT and/or A* at A Level. I didn't apply to A100 but maybe someone else could give you specific uni names.

thanks for your reply and ma I ask where you applied
I applied for grad entry to Barts, Warwick, Newcastle and Kings. My GCSEs and A Levels weren't looked at with the exception of Barts who took my B in Chemistry AS Level to fulfill their science requirements (My degree was completing lacking any chemistry). Be careful of applications where there isn't a specific grade cutoff but points are awarded according to grade. Eg. Leicester. Fingers crossed you nail your admissions tests, they are the key to interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending